UCCE Master Gardeners of Amador County
Garden Tips for February
- Above 2000 ft. : prune deciduous fruit trees, cane berries
- Below 2000 ft.: prune grapes, roses, crepe myrtle. Paint trunks of bareroot and young fruit trees to prevent borers and protect from sunburn. Use interior white latex paint with equal amounts of water and apply generously.
- Control earwigs and sow bugs with bait or traps.
Remove and discard old flowers from azaleas and camellias to reduce petal blight.
- Divide asters, lilies, perennial phlox, chrysanthemums.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Tuesday—Thursday
- Phone: 209-223-6838
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 12200-B Airport Road, Jackson, CA 95642
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the front desk of the GSA building Monday through Thursday.
Upcoming Classes & Events
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.