UCCE Master Gardeners of Amador County
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
University of California Cooperative Extension Central Sierra
Currently there is one position open:
Garden Tips for December
- Continue to rake up leaves for composting and to control pests and diseases.
- Clean up garden beds.
- Keep an eye on the weather report, protect frost-tender plants when the temperature falls below 32 degrees.
- Prune non-flowering trees and shrubs while dormant.
- Clean up debris around fruit trees to prevent disease.
- Mulch, water, and cover tender plants to protect from frost. Be sure to remove coverings during the day.
- The birds stay in Northern California through the winter. Since flowers are scarce in most gardens now, it’s important to keep your feeder filled; clean and refill it every few days.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Tuesday—Thursday
- Phone: 209-223-6838
- Email: email@example.com
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 12200-B Airport Road, Jackson, CA 95642
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the front desk of the GSA building Monday through Thursday.
Upcoming Classes & Events
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.