UCCE Master Gardeners of Amador County
Garden Tips for November
- Prune and clean up for fire prevention.
- Oil and sharpen tools. Sand handles. Either varnish or spray paint handles to make them easy to find in the garden.
- Pull summer annuals and vegetables.
- Prune dead and broken branches on trees and shrubs.
- Rake and compost leaves and plant materials. Dispose of diseased materials.
- Water plants that rains cannot reach.
- Remove the bands of corrugated cardboard used to trap codling moth larvae from around apple tree trunks and dispose of them.
- Apply mulch.
- Remove “mummies” from fruit trees after.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Tuesday—Thursday
- Phone: 209-223-6838
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 12200-B Airport Road, Jackson, CA 95642
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the front desk of the GSA building Monday through Thursday.
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.