UCCE Master Gardeners of Calaveras County
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
University of California Cooperative Extension Central Sierra
Currently there are two positions open:
Gardening Tips for August
- Continue mulching to conserve soil moisture and control weeds.
- Keep harvesting vegetables for continued production.
- Do the final pruning of summer for fruit bushes.
- Prune apricots to avoid Eutypa fundus. Remove about 20% of this year's growth.
- To prevent the spread of brown rot, clean up debris around fruit trees and pick up dropped fruit.
- Control salt build-up on indoor plants; hose off the leaves and flush the soil with ample water.
- Attach bands of corrugated cardboard around apple tree trunks to trap codling moth larvae.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Tree Mortality Town Hall Meeting - Calaveras County
- Date: August 13th
- Time: 1100 hours
- Location: Independence Hall Arnold
Got a Gardening Question?
Calaveras County Master Gardeners are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Wednesdays
- 891 Mountain Ranch Road in San Andreas
- Phone: 209-754-2880
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing.
Each month we produce a newsletter with monthly to-do list, upcoming events and articles to help you garden in Calaveras County.
Read our April 2015 newsletter.
To subscribe, email email@example.com.
Master Gardener Calendar
Master Gardeners in the Press
Master Gardeners regularly contribute articles to local newspapers. See their latest gardening news and advice!