UCCE Master Gardeners of Calaveras County
Gardening Tips for February
- Above 2000 ft. : prune deciduous fruit trees, cane berries
- Below 2000 ft.: prune grapes, roses, crepe myrtle. Paint trunks of bareroot and young fruit trees to prevent borers and protect from sunburn. Use interior white latex paint with equal amounts of water and apply generously.
- Control earwigs and sow bugs with bait or traps.
Remove and discard old flowers from azaleas and camellias to reduce petal blight.
- Divide asters, lilies, perennial phlox, chrysanthemums.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
Calaveras County Master Gardeners are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Wednesdays
- 891 Mountain Ranch Road in San Andreas
- Phone: 209-754-2880
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing.
Each month we produce a newsletter with monthly to-do list, upcoming events and articles to help you garden in Calaveras County.
Read our January 2017 newsletter.
To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Master Gardener Calendar
Master Gardeners in the Press
Master Gardeners regularly contribute articles to local newspapers. See their latest gardening news and advice!