UCCE Master Gardeners of Calaveras County
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
University of California Cooperative Extension Central Sierra
Currently there is one position open:
Gardening Tips for December
- Continue to rake up leaves for composting and to control pests and diseases.
- Clean up garden beds.
- Keep an eye on the weather report, protect frost-tender plants when the temperature falls below 32 degrees.
- Prune non-flowering trees and shrubs while dormant.
- Clean up debris around fruit trees to prevent disease.
- Mulch, water, and cover tender plants to protect from frost. Be sure to remove coverings during the day.
- The birds stay in Northern California through the winter. Since flowers are scarce in most gardens now, it’s important to keep your feeder filled; clean and refill it every few days.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
Calaveras County Master Gardeners are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Wednesdays
- 891 Mountain Ranch Road in San Andreas
- Phone: 209-754-2880
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing.
Each month we produce a newsletter with monthly to-do list, upcoming events and articles to help you garden in Calaveras County.
Read our April 2015 newsletter.
To subscribe, email email@example.com.
Master Gardeners in the Press
Master Gardeners regularly contribute articles to local newspapers. See their latest gardening news and advice!