UCCE Master Gardeners of Calaveras County
Gardening Tips For August
- Continue mulching to conserve soil moisture and control weeds.
- Keep harvesting vegetables for continued production.
- Do the final pruning of summer for fruit bushes.
- Prune apricots to avoid Eutypa fundus. Remove about 20% of this year's growth.
- To prevent the spread of brown rot, clean up debris around fruit trees and pick up dropped fruit.
- Control salt build-up on indoor plants; hose off the leaves and flush the soil with ample water.
- Attach bands of corrugated cardboard around apple tree trunks to trap codling moth larvae.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a Gardening Question?
UCCE Master Gardeners of Calaveras County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Wednesdays, 423 E. St. Charles Street (highway 49), San Andreas
- Demonstration Garden: 891 Mountain Ranch Road in San Andreas
- Phone: 209-754-2880
- Email: email@example.com
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing.