UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County
The UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County opened their Sherwood Demonstration Garden for the second Season on April 1st. They have held many gardening classes there with many more to come. Come out and enjoy the garden and get some great ideas for your landscape.
Hours of operation:
April 1, 2016 - October 31, 2016
Wed, Fri, Sat from 10am - 2pm
Closed entire day when temperatures are forecasted for 95F and above.
Garden Tips for September
- Compost disease-free annuals and vegetable crops that have finished producing.
- Cultivate and add compost to the soil for fall and winter vegetables and annuals.
- Dig, divide, and replant overgrown perennials as they finish blooming.
- Weed and amend beds before replanting.
- If not purchased pre-chilled, put tuilip, narcissus, and hyacinth bulbs in the refrigerator for 6 weeks prior to planting.
- Sow native bunch grass seed on bare slopes to prevent erosion.
- Mulch cane berries.
- Consider extending vegetable season with floating row cover, mulch, or plastic domes. (Gallon milk containers with the bottom removed work well.)
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
Master Gardeners of El Dorado County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Tuesday—Friday
- Phone: 530-621-5512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 311 Fair Lane, Placerville CA 95667
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the main building from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday for a future call from a Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Calendar
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.