UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
University of California Cooperative Extension Central Sierra
Currently there are two positions open:
The UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County opened their Sherwood Demonstration Garden for the second Season on April 1st. They have held many gardening classes there with many more to come. Come out and enjoy the garden and get some great ideas for your landscape.
Hours of operation:
April 1, 2016 - October 31, 2016
Wed, Fri, Sat from 10am - 2pm
Closed entire day when temperatures are forecasted for 95F and above.
Garden Tips for August
- Continue mulching to conserve soil moisture and control weeds.
- Keep harvesting vegetables for continued production.
- Do the final pruning of summer for fruit bushes.
- Prune apricots to avoid Eutypa fundus. Remove about 20% of this year's growth.
- To prevent the spread of brown rot, clean up debris around fruit trees and pick up dropped fruit.
- Control salt build-up on indoor plants; hose off the leaves and flush the soil with ample water.
- Attach bands of corrugated cardboard around apple tree trunks to trap codling moth larvae.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
2016 Fall Plant Sale!
Got a Gardening Question?
Master Gardeners of El Dorado County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Tuesday—Friday
- Phone: 530-621-5512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 311 Fair Lane, Placerville CA 95667
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the main building from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday for a future call from a Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Calendar
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.