UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County
Garden Tips for February
- Above 2000 ft. : prune deciduous fruit trees, cane berries
- Below 2000 ft.: prune grapes, roses, crepe myrtle. Paint trunks of bareroot and young fruit trees to prevent borers and protect from sunburn. Use interior white latex paint with equal amounts of water and apply generously.
- Control earwigs and sow bugs with bait or traps.
Remove and discard old flowers from azaleas and camellias to reduce petal blight.
- Divide asters, lilies, perennial phlox, chrysanthemums.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
2016 Plant Sale!
Got a Gardening Question?
Master Gardeners of El Dorado County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Tuesday—Friday
- Phone: 530-621-5512
- Email: email@example.com
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 311 Fair Lane, Placerville CA 95667
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the main building from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday for a future call from a Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Calendar
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.