UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County
Garden Tips for November
- Prune and clean up for fire prevention.
- Oil and sharpen tools. Sand handles. Either varnish or spray paint handles to make them easy to find in the garden.
- Pull summer annuals and vegetables.
- Prune dead and broken branches on trees and shrubs.
- Rake and compost leaves and plant materials. Dispose of diseased materials.
- Water plants that rains cannot reach.
- Remove the bands of corrugated cardboard used to trap codling moth larvae from around apple tree trunks and dispose of them.
- Apply mulch.
- Remove “mummies” from fruit trees after.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Home Gardener Survey
We are seeking your opinion on where, when, and what subjects should be taught at our free public education gardening classes. Help us understand how to best serve our community by filling out this brief online home gardener survey.
Got a Gardening Question?
Master Gardeners of El Dorado County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Tuesday—Friday
- Phone: 530-621-5512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 311 Fair Lane, Placerville CA 95667
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the main building from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday for a future call from a Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Calendar
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.