UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County
Garden Tips for August
- Continue mulching to conserve soil moisture and control weeds.
- Keep harvesting vegetables for continued production.
- Do the final pruning of summer for fruit bushes.
- Prune apricots to avoid Eutypa fundus. Remove about 20% of this year's growth.
- To prevent the spread of brown rot, clean up debris around fruit trees and pick up dropped fruit.
- Control salt build-up on indoor plants; hose off the leaves and flush the soil with ample water.
- Attach bands of corrugated cardboard around apple tree trunks to trap codling moth larvae.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
Master Gardeners of El Dorado County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Tuesday—Friday
- Phone: 530-621-5512
- Email: email@example.com
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 311 Fair Lane, Placerville CA 95667
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the main building from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday for a future call from a Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Calendar
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.