UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County
The UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County opened their Sherwood Demonstration Garden for the second Season on April 1st. They have held many gardening classes there with many more to come. Come out and enjoy the garden and get some great ideas for your landscape.
Second Saturday of each month from November - March
10 a.m. - 12
These hours coincide with Second Saturday's with Barry in the Veggie Garden
Closed on rainy days.
Garden Tips for March
- Prune grapes and roses.
- Cleanup: remove mummy fruit and blighted limbs on stone fruit to reduce brown rot. Remove and destroy fallen leaves to reduce peach leaf curl.
- Mulch cane berries, cut out all old canes and reset new canes in twine.
- Cultivate and pull weeds now!
- If weather permits, prepare beds for planting by spading in compost an soil amendments.
- Check irrigation system and perform maintenance as needed.
- Divide and replant herbs.
- To prevent sunburn and borer problems, paint young tree trunks with water based interior white latex paint 1:1 with water.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
Master Gardeners of El Dorado County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Tuesday—Friday
- Phone: 530-621-5512
- Email: email@example.com
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 311 Fair Lane, Placerville CA 95667
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the main building from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday for a future call from a Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Calendar
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.