UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County
Show What You Grow
Show What You Grow at the Fair!
Special Class for Budding Young Gardeners Offered
Garden Tips for March
- Prune grapes and roses
- Cleanup: remove mummy fruit and blighted limbs on stone fruit to reduce brown rot. Remove and destroy fallen leaves to reduce peach leaf curl.
- Mulch cane berries, cut out all old canes and reset new canes in twine.
- Cultivate and pull weeds now!
- If weather permits, prepare beds for planting by spading in compost an soil amendments.
- Check irrigation system and perform maintenance as needed.
- Divide and replant herbs
- To prevent sunburn and borer problems, paint young tree trunks with water based interior white latex paint 1:1 with water.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Home Gardener Survey
We are seeking your opinion on where, when, and what subjects should be taught at our free public education gardening classes. Help us understand how to best serve our community by filling out this brief online home gardener survey.
Got a Gardening Question?
Master Gardeners of El Dorado County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Tuesday—Friday
- Phone: 530-621-5512
- Email: email@example.com
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 311 Fair Lane, Placerville CA 95667
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the main building from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday for a future call from a Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Calendar
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.