New Nut Crop Advisor Mae Culumber!
Mae Culumber is the new UC Cooperative Extension Advisor for Nut Crops in Fresno County beginning July, 2016. As Nut Crop Advisor, Mae’s program will consist of locally-based extension, education and applied research efforts to address production issues encountered by almond, pistachio, and walnut growers in the area. The UC Cooperative Extension Nut Crops research and extension programs for Fresno and Madera Counties will focus primarily on:
- Dissemination of information related to orchard planting and establishment
- Integrated Pest Management
- Disease management
- Variety and rootstock trials
- Research on irrigation scheduling
- Managing proper nutrition and fertilization program
- Harvesting and post-harvest handling of nut crops
Tune in to this webpage periodically for updated information and advisories during the season.
The useful links to follow for current information in regards to nut crops are:
You can join the mailing list for our new nut crops e-newsletter ‘In a Nutshell’ .
CIMIS Weather - Fresno County
Linked data is from the California Irrigation Management Information System (CIMIS) weather stations. Visit CIMIS web site.
Fresno County Stations
- Firebaugh/Telles, Firebaugh
- Five Points South West, Five Points
- FivePoints/WSFS USDA, Five Points
- Fresno State, Fresno
- Orange Cove
- Panoche, Firebaugh
- Westlands, Tranquility