Nutrition and Family Consumer Sciences
What we do:
- Teach nutrition education to youth and families.
- Provide nutrition tools and information to make healthier food choices.
- Train teachers and community organizations to use our nutrition curriculum.
- Offer training to volunteers to prepare food safely at community events.
What sets us apart:
- All programs, curricula, and educational tools are research-based.
- Education services are free of cost.
Why you should get to know your local Farmers Market
Farmers markets are easy to find:
Use the USDA Farmers Markets Search to find one near you. Due to their flexible locations, some community farmers markets provide fresh, healthy foods when other sources aren't as easily accessed. Learn more about how the USDA helps to expand healthy food access through the development of local food systems.
SNAP and WIC cards are accepted at most farmers markets.
Click here for more information on food assistance programs.
ANR Food Blog
San Joaquin County
2101 East Earhart Avenue, Suite 200
Stockton, CA 95206
Nutrition and Family Consumer Science Advisor
Specialty: Community Nutrition Education
Phone: (209) 953-6121