Gardening Tips for February
- Above 2000 ft.: prune deciduous fruit trees, cane berries
- Below 200 ft.: prune grapes, roses, crepe myrtle. Paint trunks of bareroot and young fruit trees to prevent borers and protect from sunburn. Use interior white latex paint with equal amounts of water and apply generously.
- Control earwigs and sow bugs with bait or traps.
- Remove and discard old flowers from azaleas and camellias to reduce petal blight.
- Divide asters, lilies, perennial phlox, chrysanthemums.
Need Advice on Your Garden? Ask a Master Gardener!
Riverside County Master Gardeners are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Monday—Friday
- Phone: 951-683-6491
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk-ins welcome: 21150 Box Springs Rd., Ste. 202, Moreno Valley, CA 92557
And Indio Master Gardeners are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, 1-4pm, Mondays
- Phone: 760-342-6437
- Email: email@example.com
- Walk-ins welcome: 81077 Indio Blvd., Ste. H, Indio, CA 92201
Either Office - Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag.