Telling our story - The UC ANR Brand Promise
The UC ANR Brand Promise
While this Toolkit has tools for the visual representation of our brands, every brand has a brand promise--the qualities that make the brand special.
Our brand promise can be distilled into 5 key points:
- UC ANR is a network connecting the people of California and their University
- Practical, non-biased research that people trust
- Part of the community
- Participatory model
- Serve in a leadership role
- We serve where private industry can’t/won’t
Brands are about relationships: the University of California connection gives us credibility; our family of sub-brands is where connections to our clients are made and flourish. Using the tools in the Brand Toolkit fosters a strong, unified image.
This Toolkit creates a framework for consistent messaging by establishing a common look and feel through a visual identity system.
- consistent use of the brand elements - visual identity, color, and fonts
- consistent use of visual landmarks - Web navigation, placement of visual identity elements, color, and fonts
- creation of customer-focused visual presentation and content
- use of language that is audience-appropriate, up-to-date, and without jargon or unexplained acronyms
- telling our story in a way that is relevant and compelling
To take full advantage of the Toolkit elements, use the UC ANR Brand Style Guide.