UC ANR Urban Ag Sacramento Area Workshop: Food Safety Basics for Urban Farmers
Date: May 4, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Contact: Penny Leff, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: Urban Agriculture
Are you an urban farmer growing food for sale or other distribution in your community? This special one-day workshop on Friday May 4, 2018 from 9 am to 4 pm is designed to guide urban farmers through common food safety principles and challenges. Participants will learn:
- California laws related to community food producers and food safety;
- How to develop a Food Safety Plan;
- How to assess and minimize risk of contamination on the farm, including discussion of water sources, rainwater catchment, animal husbandry, wildlife intrusion and use of manure and compost;
- Sanitation and post-harvest handling;
- Worker health and hygiene.
The cost is $20, which includes a resource packet, refreshments, and lunch. Pre-registration is required. Space is limited, so reserve your spot now!
Register now at http://ucanr.edu/sacurbanag2018
This is the fourth in a series of four Sacramento County workshops that will be held on 3/16, 4/6, 4/14, and 5/4, covering additional urban agriculture topics.