Once food has been harvested, there are many handling and storage considerations to maintain quality and safety. The Postharvest Technology Center at UC Davis offers many resources (some listed below), as well as workshops and classes.
UC Davis Postharvest Technology Center
- Postharvest Handling for Organic Crops
- Nuts: Safe Methods for Home Gardeners to Harvest, Store, and Enjoy: Almonds, Chestnuts, Pecans, Pistachios, and Walnuts
- Strawberries: Safe Methods to Store, Preserve and Enjoy
- Apples: Safe Methods to Store, Preserve and Enjoy
- Tomatoes: Safe Methods to Store, Preserve and Enjoy
Colorado State University Extension Postharvest