Welcome to Woody Biomass Utilization
Part of the University of California system-wide Division of Agriculture and Natural Resource, the group is responsible for providing science-based information, technical assistance, and information about funding opportunities related to biomass utilization interests throughout the state of California.
Currently, the group is actively engaged in:
- Providing Grants information and assistance.
- Developing California Forest Products and Biomass Power Map and other interactive tools to assist project developers.
- Hosting Workshops throughout California.
- Collaborating with Community Biomass Groups and other partner agencies on the research and policy needs of biomass utilization.
- Providing Publications, Reports, & Presentations resources.
- Presenting the latest announcements on woody biomass policy and technology developments through our Mailing List and Blog.
- Evaluating use of biomass material in non-wood based manufacturing processes.
Woody Biomass Infoguides
Learn more about what the woody biomass product is and the many uses it has.
Access our archive of innovative research on the potential applications of California's native hardwood species.
See case studies from past collaboration efforts with facility development.
Blog Feed (Full Blog Here)
Added March 26, 2015
Over the past few months, there have been several changes to the wood bioenergy landscape in California. On the legislative front, three new bills have been introduced to the state legislature: SB 32 SB 32 was introduced in December of last year to...
Added March 10, 2015
The Woody Biomass Utilization Group is pleased to host a seminar on the history and current direction of wood products utilization this Friday, March 13th, from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. The workshop is open to students and resource professionals interested in...