Welcome to Woody Biomass Utilization
Part of the University of California system-wide Division of Agriculture and Natural Resource, the group is responsible for providing science-based information, technical assistance, and information about funding opportunities related to biomass utilization interests throughout the state of California.
Currently, the group is actively engaged in:
- Providing Grants information and assistance.
- Developing California Forest Products and Biomass Power Map and other interactive tools to assist project developers.
- Hosting Workshops throughout California.
- Collaborating with Community Biomass Groups and other partner agencies on the research and policy needs of biomass utilization.
- Providing Publications, Reports, & Presentations resources.
- Presenting the latest announcements on woody biomass policy and technology developments through our Mailing List and Blog.
- Evaluating use of biomass material in non-wood based manufacturing processes.
Woody Biomass Infoguides
Learn more about what the woody biomass product is and the many uses it has.
Access our archive of innovative research on the potential applications of California's native hardwood species.
See case studies from past collaboration efforts with facility development.
Blog Feed (Full Blog Here)
Added November 20, 2014
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Join the UC Biomass Utilization Group for an informational webinar on the 2015 Wood Innovations Program. This program seeks proposals to expand and accelerate wood energy and wood products...
Added November 4, 2014
The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) is soliciting Requests for Statement of Interest for implementation of a Biomass Gasification project for a CHP application in Sacramento, California. Important Dates: Q&A Deadline: November...