Welcome to Woody Biomass Utilization
The Woody Biomass Utilization Group (About Us) at UC Berkeley is a collaborative outreach effort working to advance the understanding and use of wood and woody biomass. As part of the University of California system-wide Division of Agriculture and Natural Resource, the group is responsible for providing science-based information, technical assistance, and information about funding opportunities related to biomass utilization interests throughout the state of California.
Currently, the group is actively engaged in:
- Providing Grants information and assistance.
- Holding Workshops throughout California on topics ranging from available Technology to potential applications of The Resource.
- Developing California Forest Products and Biomass Power Map tools and Publications, Reports, & Presentations resources to assist project developers.
- Collaborating with Community Biomass Groups and other partner agencies on the research and policy needs of biomass utilization.
- Presenting the latest announcements on woody biomass policy and technology developments through our Mailing List and Blog.
- Evaluating the use of biomass material in non-wood based manufacturing processes.
|Public Scoping Meeting for Implementation of Carbon Sink Act (AB1504)||9/5/2014|
Woody Biomass Infoguides
Learn more about what the woody biomass product is and the many uses it has.
Access our archive of innovative research on the potential applications of California's native hardwood species.
See case studies from past collaboration efforts with facility development.
Blog Feed (Full Blog Here)
Added August 22, 2014
UPCOMING PUBLIC/STAKEHOLDER MEETING SEPTEMBER 5, 2014 Meeting Date: September 5, 2014 Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00p.m. Location: Natural Resources Building Auditorium Sacramento, California Also broadcast via Webinar at:...
Added August 5, 2014
Wood Utilization in Hawai'i: From Bioenergy to Buildings July 14, 2014 and July 22, 2014 Background The Woody Biomass Utilization Group recently hosted two workshops in Hawai'i. The first was held in Hilo on July 14, 2014, and the second in Wailuku...