Western SARE Competitive Professional Development Program Grants (SFS)
Date: November 1, 2017
Time: All Day
Contact: Vanity Campbell
Funding Opportunity Number: Not Applicable
Funding Organization's Deadline: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. PST
Discipline/Subject Area: Sustainable Agriculture
ANR Priority Area(s): SFS
Funding Available($): 75,000
Description: The Western Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program funds proposals that examine innovative research technologies and creative extension approaches that advance Western SARE goals and are economically viable, protect the environment, and are socially responsible.
Congress has defined sustainable agriculture as an integrated system of plant and animal production practices having a site-specific application that will over the long-term:
• Satisfy human food and fiber needs;
• Enhance environmental quality and the natural resource base upon which the agricultural economy depends;
• Make the most efficient use of non-renewable resources and on-farm resources and integrate, where appropriate, natural biological cycles and controls;
• Sustain the economic viability of farm operations; and
• Enhance the quality of life for farmers and society as a whole.
These grants focus on training agricultural professionals to help them spread knowledge about sustainable agriculture concepts and practices. PDP projects should:
- Increase ag professionals’ sustainable agriculture knowledge, skills and action.
- Have outreach plans that demonstrate how the project will effectively deliver this knowledge.
PDP Grants are limited to $75,000. Grants can run for up to three years, with the final year to be focused on project evaluation.
OCG Note: Please note any changes to the funding opportunity including deadline dates may not be updated to this calendar. Please visit the Sponsor's website below for additional information.