Boating & Marina Pollution Prevention
Informational guides prepared by our Coastal Resources Advisor on caring for a boat and preventing pollution of our precious ocean resource...
- Selecting Underwater & Topside Maintenance Services for Your Boat (2007, 2010): Tips on selecting boat maintenance services
- Underwater Hull Cleaner's Best Management Practices (1995, 2010): Reduce pollution and extend the life of hull paints by using Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Sewage Pumpout Stations in San Diego County (2010) List of pumpout stations and mobile services in San Diego Bay, Mission Bay, Oceanside Harbor and Dana Point Harbor. Please let us know if updates are needed.
- Boating Pollution Economics and Impacts (1995, 2010) 4-page fact sheet summarizes economic and environmental impacts of various pollutants that may be released by recreational boats. It was originally created in 1995 and we are in the process of updating the economic impacts.
- "Potti-Training for Boaters (1999, 2010)": Article on innovative, sewage pumpout education program conducted in collaboration with US Coast Guard Auxiliary and Reserves in 1999 and updated in 2010.
- Make Every Day a Clean Boating Day poster (1995) The 25 most important tips for preventing boating pollution. Poster is only available by mail. Click on the link to fill out a request form.
- Visit our Publications/Publicaciones page for more boating and marinas pollution prevention publications
Off-site web resources:
- Oil Pollution Prevention Video This lively video shows how boaters can protect our lakes, rivers and coastal waters from damage caused by spilled oil.
- Fuel Pollution Prevention Video This lively video shows how boaters can protect our lakes, rivers and coastal waters from damage caused by spilled fuel.
Clean Marinas Program Organized and managed by boating facility operators, this organization inspects and certifies private and public marinas and yacht clubs that use environmentally sustainable, best management practices (BMPs). This industry-led approach began in California and now includes members in other states and Mexico.