Have a Gardening Question?
Speak to a Master Gardener
Ask us about how to save water in your landscape, what's damaging your plants, how to make and use compost in your own backyard, what's ailing your trees, or any gardening-related question, we're here to help! Call us, email us, or leave a message anytime.
Water-Wise Gardening Information
Learn to be water-wise in your yard and garden! Fall is a good time to introduce new plants in your yard allowing them to become established by winter rain. Even California native plants aren't drought-resistant until they become well established. Take advantage of these water-wise tips for plant and lawn care.
July Gardening Tips
Its time to...
- Water after midnight and before 10am to reduce the chance of fungal infection and to conserve moisture
- Cut spent berry canes to the ground
- Prune fruit bushes again
- Harvest vegetables promptly to encourage continued production
- Fertilize roses
- Pick up dropped fruit to prevent brown rot
- Clean around trees
- Pull weeds when they first appear