Have a Gardening Question?
Speak to a Master Gardener
Ask us about how to save water in your landscape, what's damaging your plants, how to make and use compost in your own backyard, what's ailing your trees, or any gardening-related question, we're here to help! Call us, email us, or leave a message anytime.
Water-Wise Gardening Information
Learn to be water-wise in your yard and garden! Fall is a good time to introduce new plants in your yard allowing them to become established by winter rain. Even California native plants aren't drought-resistant until they become well established. Take advantage of these water-wise tips for plant and lawn care.
June Gardening Tips
Its time to...
- Thin apples when ½” diameter
- Mow general cleanup for fire protection
- Pinch back tips of chrysanthemums, fuchsias, marguerites
- Hang strips of foil or CD’s in fruit trees to help deter birds
- First summer pruning for stone fruit
- Give your indoor plants a bath
- Fertilize strawberries, roses at bloom start and azaleas
- Fertilize citrus monthly
- Set mower blades high to reduce turf stress during the summer