Master Gardener Program
Advice to Grow By Calendar
Join us for our quarterly ATGB Workshops
Fall Workshop details coming up soon!!
Have a Master Gardener speak to your club or organization. Submit a request today!
Topics of Interest
In the News
UCCE Master Gardener Program Mission Statement
Extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
October Gardening Chores
It's time to...
- Clean out flower and vegetable gardens to discourage diseases and pests from overwintering in your beds
- Rake leaves from ditches to make way for the rain that's coming
- Apply a thick layer of compost to enrich your soil for spring planting
- Deadhead spent flowers
- Clean out bird houses and bird feeders
- Finish pruning any fruit trees after the last fruit is removed
- Fertilize indoor plants
- Plant spring bulbs! You have about 2 months to get them in the ground
- Plant onions, garlic, artichokes and asparagus before frost