California's Statewide Wood Energy Team
The Statewide Wood Energy Team is a subgroup of the CA Forest Biomass Working Group. They work directly with wood energy businesses and community-led wood energy projects to provide expertise, technical assistance, and small grants. The team also produces work to effectively develop the California wood energy industry.
Through a cooperative agreement between the US Forest Service and The Watershed Research and Training Center, SWET is funded through 2016 to do the following activities:
- Provide a Network of Wood Energy Expertise for Communities
- Conduct Outreach to Communities Interested in Pursuing Wood Energy
- Conduct Community Interest Workshops
- Research and Compile Funding Information
- Present the Financial Community with Useful Resources
- Provide Free Pre-feasibility Assessments Worth $2,500
- Assist Communities in Applying for Full Feasibility Assessment Funding
- Help Projects Overcome General Barriers
Much of SWET's work with certain approved communities is done in collaboration with the California Forest Products Business Accelerator (CFPBA). CFPBA is a partnership between the SWET and the Sierra Institute's Rural Community Development Initiative. This patrnership works with corporations, non-profit organizations and underserved communities in rural, forested regions of California to develop a wide range of wood product manufacturing businesses.
To learn more about California's SWET or to request assistance, email angie (at) thewatershedcenter.com or call (314) 610 2237, or come meet SWET members at an outreach event.
SWET Frequently Asked Questions: SWET_FAQs
A brief description of SWET offerings by Category: SWET_Offerings
Assistance Request Application: SupportApplication