2801 Second Street
Davis, CA 95618
ANR Research and Extension Center System
I have 30 years’ experience in the land grant system and in the seed industry. Born and raised in Illinois, I of course attended the University of Illinois. I received my B.S. in Biochemistry, then continued at the University of Iowa to obtain my Ph.D. also in Biochemistry. I served on the faculty at the Ohio State University in the Department of Crop Science and Horticulture for 12 years, where I employed the tools of biotechnology to study plant growth and insect resistance. After successfully moving up the ranks to professor, I took a position as Project Leader with the global crop protection company Syngenta. For six years I led a project on developing drought tolerant corn. I returned to academia to serve as department head at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in Agronomy and Horticulture. Recently I took on a new challenge as Vice Provost of Research and Extension with the Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of California.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- N, Jafarikouhinia; SA, Kazemeinia; H, Ghadiria; LM, Lagrimini (2017). Examination of Photosynthetic Nitrogen Use Efficiency of Field‐Grown Sweet corn (Zea mays L var merit) Under Water and Nitrogen Stress. Maydica. 61, 4.
- SW, Bledsoe; H, Clémence; CA, Griffiths; MJ, Paul; R, Feil; J, Lunn; M, Stitt; LM, Lagrimini (2017). The role of Tre6P and SnRK1 in maize early embryo development and events leading to stress‐induced kernel abortion. BMC Plant Biology. 17, 74.
- CH, Henry; SW, Bledsoe; CA, Griffiths; A, Kollman; MJ, Paul; S, Sakr; LM, Lagrimini (2015). Differential role for trehalose metabolism in salt‐stressed maize. Plant Physiology. 169, 1072-1089.
- ML, Nuccio; J, Wu; R, Mowers; H‐P, Zhou; M, Meghji; LF, Primavesi; MJ, Paul; X, Chen; Y, Gao; E, Haque; SS, Basu; LM, Lagrimini (2015). Expression of trehalose‐6‐phosphate phosphatase in maize ears improves yield in well‐watered and drought conditions. Nature Biotechnology. 33, 862-869.
- CH, Henry; SW, Bledsoe; A, Siekman; A, Kollman; B, Waters; R, Feil; M, Stitt; LM, Lagrimini (2014). The Trehalose Pathway in Maize: Conservation and Gene Regulation in Response to Diurnal Cycle and Extended Darkness. Journal of Experimental Botany. 65:20, 5959-5973.