UC Master Gardener resources
Free gardening publications from UC ANR
- Vegetable Garden Basics (pdf)
Site selection and planning, soil preparation, constructing raised beds, irrigation, fertilization, tools and equipment you may need, and what to plant for success in your area.
- Growing Tomatoes in the Home Garden (pdf)
Tomatoes are among the most popular vegetables grown in home gardens.
- Gardening with Straw Bales (pdf)
Gardeners with poor soil may want to explore this novel technique.
- Composting Is Good for Your Garden and the Environment (pdf)
A UC Master Gardener Tip Sheet. Learn what to compost, how to manage your compost pile and how to use the finished product.
Look for more vegetable gardening publications in the UC ANR publication catalog
Understand how to manage pests
- Protecting home gardens: Pests in the garden
- Protecting homes: Pests in the home
- Online courses UC IPM online courses eXtension
- Tired of Dandelions? Control dandelions safely
- Want less weeds? Reduce weeds using mulch and fabric
- Explore our 99 free online how-to pest management videos on the UC IPM YouTube channel
Use the time to prepare your home against fire
Learn about UC Master Gardener Program
For more, explore these gardening resources
Visit the UC ANR publication catalog