NorCal Climate Futures: What is Carbon Farming
Have you heard of a Carbon Farm Plan, and are you curious to know more?
At this event, we'll explain what practices are commonly used to sequester more carbon in working lands. These techniques can improve the health and productivity of your soil and the quality of the habitat on your land. We're talking: prescribed grazing, biochar amendment, silvopasture, and more!
This is the fourth event in a multi-part series which will more deeply explore specific effects of climate change.
This series of online events will cover:
- Local Climate Change Effects - Thursday, March 25, 6-7pm PST.
- Forest Health and Fire Preparedness - Thursday, April 15, 6-7:30pm PST.
- Post-fire Land Recovery - Thursday, May 20, 6-7:30pm PST.
- What is Carbon Farming? - Thursday, June 17, 6-7:30pm PST.
- Water Resources in Northern California - Thursday, July 15, 6-7:30pm PST.
Input from attendants at these events will support future summer events to give feedback to political leaders and the academic community.
This is a free online event.