- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
UC invites comments on the proposed revisions to the Presidential Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence.
Proposed policy revisions reflect requirements found in:
- The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), reauthorized by President Barack Obama in 2013
- Final regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Education, issued in October 2014 (to be effective July 2015).
Additionally, proposed revisions to the policy
- Address outstanding issues and questions dating from the original policy review process begun in fall 2013
- Assure that the policy is consistent with the efforts of President Napolitano's Task Force on Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence and Sexual Assault
- Improve clarity and readability, as requested during the previous 2013-14 review by faculty, students and staff.
The proposed revised Presidential Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence is located at http://ucanr.edu/sites/VAWA/SHSV_Employee_Comment.
If you have any questions or if you wish to comment, please contact Robin Sanchez at email@example.com, no later than May 6, 2015.