- Author: Susana C. Bruzzone-Miller
Join the University of California Cooperative Extension in a one-day statewide science project. It's easy to participate. You can join us at the UC Hansen Agricultural Reaseach and Extension Center (UC HAREC) in Santa Paula where we will be celebrating 100 years of science and service all day. Or, you can simply go outside your own home, school or place of work and record observations. Your answers will help build a healthier future for you and your community.
1. How many pollinators do you see? Spend three minutes outside counting how many you see then add the to our pollinator map.
2. How are you conserving water? Tell us how and if you're conserving water in your home, garden, landscape, or on your farm.
3. Where is food grown in your community? Help us populate our California food map by telling us where there's a garden or a farm in your neighborhood.
If you would like to join the celebration at UC HAREC, please do so!! Suggested times:
- Preschool Open House 9-11 a.m.
- School-age Youth Open House 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Community Welcome 2-5 p.m.
For more information go to http://ceventura.ucanr.edu/ANR_Centennial_/
Join the social media conversation by following #BeAScientist on Twitter.
Are you an educator or do you work with kids in an afterschool program? No problem! Download our fact sheets and lesson plans to do fun classroom and learning activities.
There are so many ways to participate! Record your observations, share your pictures, and tell us what's happening in your community.
Be a scientist for a day on May 8, 2014