- Author: Christine Casey
Published on: June 3, 2015
Like to eat? Thank a bee! Join us at the Haven on June 19 to celebrate National Pollinator Week. Our open house will take place from 5:30 to 7:00pm. Visitors will be able to:
- View an observation honey bee hive. Get a glimpse inside the hive to watch the queen lay eggs and the workers tend to the young bees and make honey.
- Observe our many bees "in action" working plants in the garden to collect pollen and nectar. Common bees seen in June include bumble bees, carpenter bees, honey bees, leafcutter bees, and sweat bees.
- Check out our lowest-water use bee plants to get ideas for your own water-wise bee garden.
- Taste and buy honey from the Honey and Pollination Center. A portion of the proceeds support bee research at UC Davis.
- Buy native bee houses for your garden. All proceeds support the Haven.