- Author: Chris M. Webb
At this time of year, many of us consume different foods than we normally do. As the year winds down, we begin to think of what we will do differently when we put up next year’s calendar.
The UC Davis Department of Nutrition is a great place to find science-based nutrition information. In addition to conducting research, they train new nutrition educators, and extend nutrition programs. You can read more about their mission here.
On the department’s nutrition information page, many links to great articles and publications can be found.
Highlighted subjects include:
- School gardens help teach nutrition and promote good eating habits
- Nutrition Info Sheets covering a variety of nutrition information
- Nutrition Perspectives, a publication providing researched-based information on ongoing nutrition subjects
- Maternal and Infant Nutrition Briefs
- Curriculum designed to help children form better food choices. The targeted ages vary depending on the curriculum.
Other great, science based nutrition information can be found using the Nutrition, Family and Consumer Science button on our homepage.
I will be out of the office the rest of this week and will post a new article when I return Monday.