- Author: Angela L Asch
One of UC ANR Staff Assembly's goals is to foster an understanding of ANR's mission by providing learning and other opportunities to increase the exchange of knowledge in all aspects of the ANR community. With the volunteer help of ANR staff members, Staff Assembly has created two new committees: “Wellness” and “Learning and Development.” To date, ANR has not had a systemwide, employees wellness program to foster employee well-being and health awareness.
UCANR Staff Assembly Wellness subcommittee members:
- Austin Cantrell, Nutrition Program Coordinator
- Shawnice Sellers, Admin. Asst. II
- Christopher Wong, CES II
- Alyssa Rodriguez, Human Resources Generalist
- Anne Schellman, Urban IPM Educator
- Kaela Plank, Nutrition Policy Institute, SNAP-Ed specialist
- Wylie Skillman, UC-CalFresh Nutrition Educator
- Leah Sourbeer, Community Nutrition Program Supervisor
- Jeannette Warnert, Communications Specialist, Wellness Chair
These volunteer ANR staff members represent a crucial and essential component of ANR Staff Assembly. The committee's purpose is “to support and improve the health, well-being, and quality of life of ANR employees by promoting initiatives and programs that foster healthy workplace environments, empower employees to adopt healthy habits, and strengthen our sense of community.” The quote was taken out of their mission draft statement. The committee members will meet, discuss and execute ANR's Wellness mission statement, program priorities, collaborate with the Academic Assembly, and promote through Staff Assembly's network of Staff Ambassadors all wellness events and activities.
UCANR Staff Assembly Learning and Development subcommittee members:
- Christina Becker, Nutrition Policy Institute, Berkeley
- Phoebe Harpainter, researcher with Nutrition Policy Institute, Berkeley
- Dustin Flavell, Sierra Foothill REC Superintendent
- Skyler Peterson, Intermountain REC, SRA
- Namita Kansal, CSIT Project/Portfolio Manager, Davis
- Alexxis Rudich, Office Asst. III, Merced
- Elena Lopez, CES II, Imperial County
- Nikolai Schweitzer, Sierra Foothill REC, SRA
The mission of the Staff Assembly Learning and Development Committee is to significantly increase awareness of available learning and development resources to staff members, facilitate learning and development collaboration and connection across UC ANR staff at all levels, and directly work with leadership to facilitate opportunities for impactful mentorship and sustained staff member career success. The committee will be working with ANR learning and development coordinator Jodi Azulai concerning program development and supporting staff-proposed ideas and solutions.
ANR Staff Assembly Council would like to sincerely thank the volunteers for their time and effort as they participate on these two committees. All ANR staff members are encouraged to participate in Staff Assembly functions and/or activities, please contact us through our website: staffassembly.ucanr.edu.