- Author: Lauren Snowden
UC Master Gardener volunteers are not only educators but are life-long learners who regularly engage in growing their skills and gardening knowledge. Although the current circumstance surrounded COVID-19 has disrupted our in-person public events and affected our daily lives, it doesn't mean we can't continue learning. Sharpen your mind from the comfort of your own home with these online learning opportunities for the gardener in you.
Online Continuing Education Resources
1. eXtension Campus (no log on required but recommended to be able to access most courses)
a. UC Master Gardener Program Recorded Training - This course acts as a repository of UC and UCCE trainings and was put together as a response to COVID-19
2. eXtension Learn (no log on required)
3. UC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
4. Oregon State University (log on and registration required)
5. Xerces Society
Volunteer Development Resources:
1. Extension Master Gardener Social Media Training
2. University of California Implicit Bias Trainings
3. North Carolina State University Cooperative Extension
Attend a training and enter your Hours
The amount of continuing education hours you enter should include the training and any supplemental reading you may be directed to complete as part of the training. All of the trainings suggested in this blog qualify for continuing education hours for UC Master Gardener Program volunteers.
Staying connected with one another is important during this time. Consider teaming up with a fellow volunteer to take the same training as you and then talk about what you learned after. Although we cannot be together at this time we can expand our knowledge and connect with each other through online learning opportunities!/h3>/h3>