- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
Transitioning to Retirement workshops are offered by UC Davis for employees considering retirement within 5 years.
The life changes that accompany retirement can be unexpectedly challenging and these virtual, Zoom workshops will help employees prepare.
Topics & dates
- Staff sessions: 9 a.m. – noon
- Faculty/physician/academic sessions: 1 – 4 p.m.
- Introduction and UC Retirement Plan — Friday, Jan. 15
- Retiree health benefits and human resources considerations — Friday, Jan. 22
- Financial planning in retirement and Social Security — Friday, Jan. 29
- Work and lifestyle transitions — Friday, Feb. 5
Early registration is advised
When you register, please double check to ensure you are signing up for the appropriate session.
- Register for Transitioning to Retirement for Staff
- Register for Transitioning to Retirement for Academics/Faculty
More information and FAQs
- Supervisors will not be automatically notified when an employee registers for these workshops.
- It is recommended that participants register for the entire four-week series, however each session is available for individual registration.
- For those who cannot attend the workshops, or for those who are more than five years from retirement, online presentations and other resources are available on the Center's retirement planning webpage at https://retireecenter.ucdavis.edu/planning.
- Contact the Retiree Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 752-5182.