- Author: Daniel H Putnam
- Author: Rachael Long
Gophers, ground squirrels, and meadow voles are among the most important pests in California alfalfa fields.
Training in vertebrate pest management and control is being held, starting tomorrow for the next few days in virtual webinars.
Sign up now for Virtual Vertebrate Pest Council Webinars coming in the next few days.
Pocket Gopher in an alfalfa field.
Tuesday, March 30, 2021-Register here.
- Ground Squirrel Management- Carolyn Whitesell, UCCE Advisor San Mateo-San Francisco
- Gopher & Vole Management- Roger Baldwin, UC Davis
- Using PRESCRIBE- Ed Duarte, Alameda County Dept. of Ag/ Weights & Measures
Wednesday, March 31, 2021-Register here.
- Navigating AB1788-Jim Hartman, Los Angeles County Dept. of Ag./Weights & Measures
- Rodenticide Exposure in Wildlife- Jaime Rudd, California Dept. of Fish & Wildlife
- Active Ingredients, Modes of Actions for Managing Rodents in CA, Niamh Quinn, UC ANR
Thursday April 1, 2021-Register here.
- Rat Trapping 101- Niamh Quinn, UC Division of Agriculture & Natural Resources
- Health Significance of Rodents for Rodent Managers- Laura Krueger, Orange County Mosquito & Vector Control District
- Controlling Rodent in Homeless Encampments- Michael Mooney, Alameda County Vector Control Services District
Continuing Education Hours
DPR: Day 1 -1.5 hrs Other and 0.5 hrs Laws
Day 2 -1.5 Laws and 0.5 Other
Day 3 - 2.0 Other