- Author: Chris M. Webb
Community gardens are popping up all over Ventura County. This is wonderful news as community gardens have many benefits!
These benefits include:
- Increased food security
- Bridge social, ethnic, class, age and cultural differences
- Improve nutrition
- Teach youth about science
- Reduce health care costs
- Regenerate the economy – every dollar not spent on food can be spent elsewhere
- Preserve natural resources
- Build resilient communities
- Nourish future generations
Our office regularly receives calls and emails requesting information about community gardens. We would love to include your community garden on our garden resource list.
Reading about established community gardens can be a source of great inspiration for others. Please take a few minutes and let us know a little about how your garden is making your community a better place, or if you are in need of support.