- Author: Chris M. Webb
Osteoporosis is a debilitating disease. Bone density and strength is decreased, which leads to an increased susceptibility to bone fractures. This disease has no cure, but it can be prevented and progression slowed.
An estimated 8 million women and 2 million men have osteoporosis in the United States. UC ANR’s Calcium and Osteoporosis Nutrition and Health Info Sheet shares general information on this disease and its prevention.
- What is osteoporosis?
- What are the risk factors?
- What is the relationship between calcium and osteoporosis?
- What other nutrients are important?
- What is the effect of exercise?
- How can one reduce the risk or delay the progression of osteoporosis?
- References for further information