- Author: Chris M. Webb
Later this month, local area youth will be joining other 4-Hers from the southern section of our state for a Teen Involvement Conference. At the conference youth will gain leadership and teamwork skills while participating in community service activities. This year those attending the conference will be putting together care packages for our troops overseas.
Ventura County 4H participants are currently requesting donations and could use your help. Items requested are as follows:
- Hotel/travel size gel deodorant, shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, mouthwash
- Toothbrushes, dental floss, brush-ups
- Disposable razors
- Eye drops, nose drops
- Unscented baby wipes, wet wipes, small bottles of hand sanitizer
- Small Kleenex packages, q-tips (large or small packages)
- Anti-fungal cream, band aides, foot powder, sunscreen
- Ziploc bags of all sizes
- DVD’s, Cd’s, batteries – AA & AAA
- Phone cards, puzzle books, paperback novels
If you are able to donate, please bring the items to our office by January 18. Our office is located at 669 County Square Drive, Suite 100 in Ventura.