- Author: Chris M. Webb
UC’s 2011-2012 Agritourism planning classes are now finished. Preparations for next year’s classes are currently underway. Classes will be held later this year and early next in Sacramento, Sonoma, and San Diego Counties.
In the meantime, class materials are currently online. Topics include:
- Tourism development outline
- Farm stay agritourism 101
- How to start a pick-your-own operation
- Sample budget for on-farm festival
- Developing a hunting program on a ranch or farm
- Evaluating the financial potential of an entertainment farming/farm tourism business
- Internet marketing for your agritourism business
- Agritourism health and safety guidelines for children
- And much more
Are you a non-farmer interested in visiting a farm or ranch? Please visit UC’s CalAgTour website to learn of opportunities throughout the state.
California farm and ranch operators can also use the site to advertise their agritourism offerings at no cost. Ventura County growers can contact their local UCCE office for assistance in posting their business online.