- Author: Cris L. Johnson
The meeting focused on updating growers and interested members of the public on subjects relevant to producing strawberries in Ventura County and other areas. The agenda included topics on:
- Strawberry cultivar performance and research updates
- Management of Macrophomina and Fusarium and treatments
- Irrigation practices for strawberries in Oxnard and Watsonville
- Water quality monitoring results for strawberry production fields in Ventura County
- Fertility research updates
- Management of mites, thrips, corn earworm and spotted wing Drosophila
- California Strawberry Commission update on research and regulatory issues pertaining to strawberry production
The production meeting included lunch and attendees could receive continous education credits from the Department of Pesticide Regulation.
For a list of this and other strawberry meeting presentations online, please click here.