- Author: Judy McClure
Featuring breathtaking views of the Long Beach waterfront and additional floor space the 2017 UC Master Gardener Conference MarketPlace is a fun and profitable way for counties to raise funds for their local program needs.
Participation is easy for everyone
- Short application process, no need to provide sales details now!
- Ample room for your display table and display racks.
- Table and table cover provided.
- Secure room eliminates daily setup and takedown.
- MarketPlace is readily accessible by approx. 1,000 shoppers.
- UC Master Gardeners are eager to support each other's programs. We love to shop!
- Shopping is easy; credit cards, cash and checks will be accepted.
- An on-site private shipping vendor opens the possibility to increased sales.
- All UC ANR financial paperwork taken care of by the MarketPlace Committee.
- No overhead costs.
- Assistance from UC ANR Program Support Unit guarantees swift transfer of profits.
How to participate
Reserve your table now! Monday, May 15 is the deadline for Program Coordinators, Advisors or Volunteer Leader to submit the short application.
Items for sale
Shoppers especially enjoy the opportunity to purchase items unique to your county and pieces handcrafted by volunteers.
Popular items at previous conferences include:
- Jewelry,earrings and lapel pins
- Aprons – adorned with the UC Master Gardener logo, lace or appliques
- Garden art, plant markers and gloves
- Wall art and books
Remember, the holiday shopping season officially starts this Aug. 22-25 in Long Beach. Contact your Program Coordinator, Advisor or Volunteer Leader to become part of the fun.
Program Coordinator Sacramento County,
Phone: (916) 875-6719
(Please include your county name with all correspondence)
- Author: Judy McClure
Don't miss this opportunity to add money to your UCCE Master Gardener Program's bank account. That's right, the MarketPlace can help volunteers increase the flow of money into their program's operating budget.
The passion UCCE Master Gardeners have for sharing horticulture with the community is fueled by our love for people and love of plants (or maybe you prefer insects). Regardless of the motivation that brings you to the UCCE Master Gardener program, we all have one thing in common - we must periodically purchase items for our gardens!
Historically, conference attendees arrive with empty suitcase space specifically intended for transporting home newly acquired treasures. The MarketPlace is an opportunity to collect unique gardening items while helping individual counties along the way.
Each county has the opportunity to reserve a sales booth space, provide sales materials of their choice and volunteer to assist with store operations. Funds raised by each individual county will be returned to them less minimal operating costs.
Within the next month each UCCE Master Gardener Coordinator will receive an information packet with preliminary participant guidelines. Space may be limited, so keep an eye on the 2014 UC Master Gardener Conference website or the statewide blog for MarketPlace updates. Absolutely, don't allow the information packets to lay dormant or become part of the compost pile.
Start the conversation in your county today, be prepared to respond quickly when the packets arrive in the mail. Talk about how your county can capitalize by participating in the MarketPlace. Brainstorm about what ‘must-have' items will motivate gardeners, naturalists, or bird watchers to part with their hard earned cash. Think about display methods for showcasing your sales items. Offer to coordinate your MarketPlace booth or be a committee participant. Be the one who makes a difference!
Yolo and Sacramento counties are proud to be hosting the 2014 MarketPlace. We look forward to having you join us in Yosemite, one of California's most treasured spots!