Mission and Audience
The Center supports educatonal programs and applied research projects of UC Cooperative Extension academics working on issues related to the use and mangement of landscape plants in Southern California by providing a high-reach, high-content, and cost-effective means of delivering timely, new and routine information to California's environmental horticulture audiences.
Professionals related to the environmental horticulture industry are CLUH's primary audience, such as:
- Landscape maintenance and construction contractors
- Retail and wholesale nursery professionals
- Irrigation designers and equipment manufacturers
- Landscape architects and designers
- Public parks and public works personnel
- Water agency personnel
Important secondary audiences are home horticulture enthusiasts and media representatives.