CSIT renews recharges for selected services
The work of Communication Services and Information Technology's Publishing group supports the extension mission of UC ANR. Peer-reviewed publications and California Agriculture journal provide a conduit for applied research and programmatic expertise to be disseminated to clientele and broader audiences. They also provide an opportunity for ANR authors to receive professional credit for their peer-reviewed, published work. The Division supports these core efforts for its academic programs, and no publishing-related work is billed to authors, clients or programs.
The CSIT publishing and production group also provides graphic design, editing, video recording and photography to ANR. These services have been used for promotional materials, conferences, policy efforts and other communications needs. As part of the strengthening of the unit's sustainability, to better ensure that programmatic communication needs are met and to be more transparent and consistent in its operations, CSIT has renewed its recharge process for these additional production services.
Beginning Dec. 1, 2015, all work developing and producing materials that promote the Division and its programs will be billed on an hourly basis to the account determined by the client. This includes
- External promotional materials for Division (such as billboards, signage)
- Promotional materials for programs (such as logo development, brochures)
- Event and conference materials
- Internal training materials
- Strategic Initiative communications materials (such as fact sheets, policy briefs)
- Strategic communications and advocacy materials (such as targeted materials for stakeholders)
- Production consultation, print cost estimates and freelance production management for the above
In addition, video production for educational projects and MediaSite lecture capture time is also billable to clients' programs.
An initial consultation about the project's scope and estimated cost is uncharged. ANR personnel are urged to go to http://anrcs.ucanr.edu/Production_Request to get this discussion underway. —Ann Senuta
CSIT's 2015-16 hourly recharge rates
(established by the Division's Rate and Recharge Committee)
- Graphic design and illustration services $87.30
- Video production, lecture capture and photography $81.47
- Editing, cost estimating and project management $75.60
- Web programming $90.90 (since January 1, 2015)