IGIS offers online office hours
The Informatics and Geographic Information Systems (IGIS) Statewide Program now offers online office hours for all ANR staff and academics. Every Monday from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., an IGIS staff member will be hanging out on Zoom hoping to hear from ANR people and discuss all things GIS.
They are ready to discuss issues such as these:
- how to use GIS in your work - needs assessments, research, communication, operations, evaluation, etc.
- where to find spatial data
- going from a question to a GIS analysis
- making a quick and dirty map for print or online
- software recommendations
- ArcGIS tools, workflows, and trouble-shooting
- spatial data analysis with R
- spatial stats
- WebGIS and Story Maps
- tools for mobile data collection
- storing and sharing data
- what you can do with drone imagery, and how to get it
- what you can try yourself, and when you may need to get help
- the IGIS GIS Service Center - what they do and how it works
No question is too big or too small! And while they may not be able to answer every question, they will either find out or point you in the right direction.
- Online office hours are for ANR personnel only.
- To help ensure that the most appropriate person is available to talk with you, they ask that you sign up for a time slot, with a brief description of your topic or question.
- Zoom connection information will be sent when you sign up.
- Can't make Monday afternoons? Choose 'Other' as the time slot when you sign up, and they will contact you to set up an alternative time.
- If you have a slow internet connection, you can turn off your web-cam or simply phone in.