Nominations open for UC Women’s Initiative until Oct. 14
Nominations are now open for the 2021 UC Women's Initiative for Professional Development (UC WI). Please submit nominations by Oct. 14, 2020.
As in the past, ANR will be sponsoring women academics and staff to participate in the 2021 program. UC WI is committed to enabling the full participation, success and advancement of woman-identified professionals at the University. The program is open to all who support and are committed to this mission.
The program is designed to
- Cultivate a professional network that spans the UC system
- Provide access to top UC leaders — women and men — to learn about their diverse leadership approaches and journeys
- Strengthen skills and confidence through hands-on practice with a range of tools in the areas of:
- Professional development and impact
- Strategic relationship building
- Developing and delivering a compelling narrative regarding one's professional accomplishments and vision
- Negotiating at work
- Peer coaching
The ideal participant:
- Is mid-career faculty, staff or academic employee
- Has demonstrated potential for advancement
- Supports woman-identified professionals and seeks to learn concepts that improve their effectiveness at work and hear about the career journeys of established UC leade
Selected candidates will participate in a cohort that meets for four online sessions during:
- January-March 2021, or
- April – June 2021
- For exact cohort dates/workshop sessions, see last 3 pages of this document.
Six cohorts of 30 participants each with representatives from every UC location, come together for interactive sessions jointly led by a Coro Northern California facilitator and a UC Facilitator. UC facilitators are past graduates of the program who share their experience and expertise and add a UC perspective. The final session of each cohort program will be a combined capstone event that allows participants to make systemwide connections.
- Nominate someone, yourself, or more than one person.
- You can nominate more than one person without having to fill out a new form each time.
- A letter of recommendation is suggested but not required.
- Combine – if there are multiple letters of recommendation – into a single PDF.
- When prompted foranFAU account – enter “999”
- Once candidates are selected the Learning & Development Coordinator will send the proper accounting information.
If you have additional files, please send them to email@example.com.
If you are interested in participating in this program, please talk to your supervisor. Supervisors are asked to send in nominations by 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 14, 2020. Late or incomplete nominations will not be considered.
The program is a collaboration between the UC Systemwide Advisory Committee on the Status of Women and UC Human Resources, and is delivered by CORO, a nonprofit leadership-development organization that has worked with UC for the past decade. UC President Napolitano supports and partially funds the program. ANR will cover registration fees and reimburse travel expenses and half the lodging for those selected.
If you have questions about the program, please contact Jodi Azulai.