Building UC ANR Statistics Resources
UC ANR is working to bring you statistics resources, informed by internal needs assessments and by identifying statistics experts who are open to opportunities for consulting and collaboration within the UC ANR network. If this is you, please sign-up in this Google sheet.
Statistics and Experimental Design Resources. The subpages are linked below.
On the training web page you can find recordings, presentations, and exercises from our spring 2022 stats workshop series Applied Statistics for Farm Advisors, which provided a refresh and update on statistical skills for UCCE Advisors and other UC ANR researchers. Topics include:
- The theory and application of basic statistical tests, including ANOVA, GLMs, mixed models, and regression
- What to do when the normal assumptions for statistical tests have not been met
- Newer methods like mixed models and bootstrapping that take advantage of modern computing power (which may not have been available if you took undergraduate statistics class 25 years ago)
- What you need to know when designing experiments and planning data collection
- How to use the extremely popular and powerful statistical programming language R
Graph, pie chart, bar chart - Image by Colin Behrens from Pixabay