Boating & Marina Pollution Prevention
Informational guides prepared by our Coastal Resources Advisor on caring for a boat and preventing pollution of our precious ocean resource...
- Selecting Underwater & Topside Maintenance Services for Your Boat (2007, 2010): Tips on selecting boat maintenance services
- Underwater Hull Cleaner's Best Management Practices (1995, 2010): Reduce pollution and extend the life of hull paints by using Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Visit our Publications/Publicaciones page for more boating and marinas pollution prevention publications
Off-site web resources:
- Oil Pollution Prevention Video This lively video shows how boaters can protect our lakes, rivers and coastal waters from damage caused by spilled oil.
- Fuel Pollution Prevention Video This lively video shows how boaters can protect our lakes, rivers and coastal waters from damage caused by spilled fuel.
Clean Marinas Program Organized and managed by boating facility operators, this organization inspects and certifies private and public marinas and yacht clubs that use environmentally sustainable, best management practices (BMPs). This industry-led approach began in California and now includes members in other states and Mexico.