How to Be A Role Model
Make changes together with children.
- Let children see you eating healthy and being physically active.
- Join children in doing the positive behaviors being promoted.
- Use shared experiences with new behaviors to establish a new routine for the entire household.
- Maintain constant and open communication between the adults in the household. This helps to build and maintain the consistency that children thrive on.
When making changes, make them as a household unit.
- Have a family meeting to make agreements on what behaviors will change.
- "We need to eat more vegetables."
- Post rules that everyone can agree on.
- "Everyone will eat 2 vegetables each day."
- Make it fun!
- "We will take turns choosing a new vegetable at the store to try each week."