What Is Reminiscence Gardening?
- A restorative activity for individuals living with dementia and their care partners.
- Under the guidance of Master Gardeners and working alongside their care partners, participants explore garden hand tools and plant cuttings, and prepare a garden pot with plants that activate different senses ~ sight, taste, touch and smell.
- Participants engage in the physical, intellectual, emotional and social benefits of gardening in a safe, judgment-free setting.
- Our goal is to stimulate garden memories that boost energy levels, build confidence, maintain existing skills and perpetuate a sense of purpose and joy.
- We are currently collaborating with Alzheimer’s San Diego and Silverado Encinitas Memory Care Community.Master Gardeners bring the outside inside with a hands-on gardening activity at Alzheimer's San Diego