4070 University Road
Hopland, CA 95449
- CalNat Facebook
- CalNat Instagram
- CalNat LinkedIn
- CalNat YouTube
- Hopland Research & Extension Center iNaturalist
Brook Gamble is a California native and UC Santa Cruz Environmental Studies Alumni. While studying at UC Santa Cruz, she was inspired by all of the experiential learning opportunities and natural history courses including Natural History Field Quarter. Her career took her to Alaska a decade+, first as a wildlife biologist and later in science communication and program management roles with the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Her work with the UC California Naturalist Program enhances the development of the program through communication and program support.
- Gamble, J.B. 2013-present. Contributor. UC California Naturalist Blog.
- Gamble, J.B. 2013-present. Contributor. UC Green Blog.
- Trainor, S.F, N.P. Kettle, and J.B. Gamble. 2016. Regional Webinars as a Platform for Climate Knowledge-to-Action Networking in Alaska. In Climate in Context: Science and Society Partnering for Adaptation. John Wiley & Sons.
- Gamble, J.B. Time spent learning about nature in the outdoor classroom is irreplaceable. Children & Nature Network. August 22, 2013.
- Gamble, J.B. (contributing author). 2012. The United States National Climate Assessment - Alaska technical regional report. Markon, C.J., Trainor, S.F., and F.S. Chapin III, eds. U.S.G.S. Circular 1379.
- Atkinson, D., M. Black, J. Cherry, B. Connor, A. Elconin, J.B. Gamble, A. Holman, L. Hopkins, J.L. Hulsey, M. Lee, G. Magee, R. Pawlowski, R. Perkins, T.S. Rupp, W. Schnabel, S. Trainor, S. Weaver, R. Weis, D. White, and X. Zhang. 2010. Decision-making for at-risk communities in a changing climate. The National Commission on Energy Policy.
- Druckenmiller, M., S.F. Trainor, and J.B. Gamble. 2010. A review of sea ice & related climate information resources for Alaska’s Arctic coastal communities: A manual for accessing & using online information. Alaska Center for Climate Assessment & Policy.
- Gamble, J.B., S.D. Kildaw, and C.L. Buck. 2005. Reproductive biology of glaucous-winged gulls in Chiniak Bay, Kodiak Island Alaska. In: Wynn, K.M., R. Foy, and C.L. Buck. 2005. Gulf Apex Predator-prey Study (GAP). Final Report. NOAA Grant NA16FX1270, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Kodiak, Alaska, 241 p.
- Gamble, J.B, and C.L. Buck. 2004. Body condition of glaucous-winged gulls throughout the reproductive period. In: Wynn, K.M., R. Foy, and C.L. Buck. 2005. Gulf Apex Predator-prey Study (GAP). Final Report. NOAA Grant NA16FX1270, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Kodiak, Alaska, 241 p.
SpecialtyUC California Naturalist Program
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Natural Resources, General
- Natural Resources
- Sustainable Natural Ecosystems
- Science Literacy in Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Nutrition
ANR Workgroup Associations
- California Naturalist - Member