Join 4-H now
Please contact the club nearest you for information. A tab with a list of the Alameda County 4-H Clubs is available above.
If you need assistance contact Cheryl Fraser, 4-H Program Representative at email@example.com or 510-567-6886
4-H, the largest youth development organization in the nation, helps young people to reach their full potential as competent, confident, leaders of character who contribute and are connected to their communities. 4-H serves youth 5-19 years-old throughout California in urban, suburban and rural communities.
In 4-H, youth design and participate in their own programs and activities. This unique learn-by-doing model teaches essential skills that youth will use throughout their lives. Whether youth are building rockets, raising companion dogs, or planting vegetables, 4-H gives young people the skills they need to thrive and succeed.
About 4-H Community Clubs
4-H Community Clubs are comprised of youth ages 5-19 years-old who are supervised by approved adult volunteers. Throughout the year, youth participate in one or more age-appropriate self-chosen projects. 4-H Clubs elect (youth) officers and have an approved constitution and bylaws to govern the club. Project groups and Community Clubs typically meet in the evenings or on weekends.
Youth also have opportunities to participate in a wide range of county, regional or state events and conferences where they meet other youth, learn new skills, provide a community service and/or show their project work.
LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADULTS
- Nominations are being accepted for Vice President, Treasurer, Camp Board Representative (three year term), Adult Sectional Representatives and Youth Sectional Representatives to serve a two year term on the Alameda County 4-H Leaders Council. Contact Tom Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cake Booth Committee members are needed The current chairs will be stepping down after the 2016 Alameda County Fair. There are many different opportunities to help with the Cake Booth. Contact Mark Duguid at email@example.com
- All Star Advisor Adults are encouraged to apply for the 2015/2016 All Star Team Adviser. Two adults are needed, one under age 25 and one over 25.
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
- Kids Against Hunger Packing Event
- Golden Gate Labrador Retriever Club Fun Match