GUIDANCE FOR 4-H ACTIVITIES DURING COVID
Currently, 4-H is implementing the more restrictive COVID-19 guidance from the State, Alameda County, and UC ANR/4-H. The following steps below must be completed if a 4-H volunteer or member is requesting to conduct or participate in any 4-H activity:
STEP 1 - Determine the type of meeting
Virtual Meeting: Skip to Step 2
In-Person Meeting: Verify your location will:
1. Allow a minimum of 3 feet between participants is required for indoor activities
2. Maintain 6 feet of distancing during times when members and volunteers are not masked due to eating or drinking.
STEP 2 - Submit Request
Must receive approval prior to 4-H activities from 4-H Staff. Any unauthorized 4-H activity will not be covered by 4-H insurance and the host(s) will be held responsible for any subsequent outcomes.
STEP 3 - After Approval
Once approval has been received for an In-Person Activity, download and print the following meeting resource items:
- Symptom Survey - Display at entrance to meeting.
- Attendance Log - Save for 15 days after meeting date.
- Procedures for 4-H Meetings during COVID-19 - Display this poster in the meeting.
Virtual Meeting Rooms
There are no meeting time limits when using theses resources.
Instructions for using zoom. To protect your Zoom Session please review Zoom Bombing before you use Zoom
- Zoom Bombing
- 65 icebreaker questions for online meetings
- Virtual Meeting Etiquette - 7 rules
- Tips for Hosting a Virtual 4-H Club Meeting
- Components of a Virtual 4-H Club Meeting
- Ice-Breaker Ideas for Virtual 4-H Club Meetings
- 4-Hing at a Distance Activity Ideas
- Santa Clara 4-H Online Learning and Participation
Alameda County Zoom room sign up sheet Sign up using the link and send an email notifying the office.
zoom.us website for information about zoom
Per 4-H Policy, “4-H members and adult volunteers are provided limited accident coverage when taking part in or attending an approved, regularly supervised 4-H activity”.
- All 4-H meetings (project & club), events & activities must be logged.
- Please submit at least 30 days prior to the event/meeting so all paperwork (if required) can be processed.
All Facility Use requests must be processed by the 4-H Office. Volunteers are not to sign any contracts, agreements or applications.
A 4-H Activity Request is to be completed for all meetings, activities and events even if a formal use agreement is not required. This is a record for insurance and planning purposes.
4-H Unit Virtual Management & COVID-19: Bylaws & Meetings, Officer Elections and Financial Responsibilities
I Am Here to Help - Incident Reports
An incident is an occurrence or interaction with another person in the program that concerns you and your involvement in 4-H. The purpose of the report is to document your issue and initiate a staff inquiry about the issue.
I am available to listen to all incidents, advise you on how to proceed or become involved when required.
When you feel you need some support in the 4-H Program, please contact me and send an Incident Report. My contact information is Rachel Wood - email@example.com.
Forms, Templates and Manuals
4-H Forms, Templates and Manuals are found on the State 4-H Website. These will be the most current. Click Here or use this link.
Use the non-discrimination statement on all single page flyers advertising the program Click Here or use this link.
Alameda County 4-H Record Book-Related Forms