A new ucanr.edu is coming – sneak preview on Nov. 28!
Sometime early in 2018, UC ANR's Strategic Communications and Information Technology groups will unveil a new, much-needed redesign of www.ucanr.edu. We're inviting you to learn about – and see for yourselves – the new design during a Zoom video presentation on Tuesday, Nov. 28, at 1:30 p.m.
The new design will feature several characteristics and elements that we think will excite our stakeholders and those visiting the site:
- More aesthetically pleasing use of photography, color and visuals
- A more modern, inviting and intuitive look and structure
- A more dynamic focus on UC ANR news and information and the great work you all do!
It's important to stress the goals of the web refresh project and to understand what it is – and is not – meant to accomplish. The primary improvements we hope to achieve are:
- Better navigation, discoverability of content and organizational structure
- Improved aesthetics and use of imagery (note: the more than 700 UC ANR websites that currently use SiteBuilder will have the option to “opt-in” and realize some of the new design features)
- More effective content workflows, curation strategy for the Strategic Communications group, and emphasis on news and information
What the website refresh is not is a complete overhaul of the division's web presence. The scope of this project only includes the top-level pages of ucanr.edu; we hope, with a future project, to eventually tackle the tens of thousands of pages of ANR-related websites and content.
Please join us, via Zoom, for our Nov. 28 presentation. We're confident you're going to like what you see!
Mike Janes, Strategic Communications Director
Dave Krause, Manager, Web Development and Applications Programming
View or leave comments for ANR Leadership at http://ucanr.edu/sites/ANRUpdate/Comments.
This announcement is also posted and archived on the ANR Update pages.