DANRIS-X --> Project Board Phase 1
For Advisors and County Directors:
- FY 2017 Annual Report & CASA and FY 2018 Annual Plan close October 27, 2017.
- Project Board scheduled to launch in 2018.
- FY 2016 Annual Report & FY 2017 Annual Plan close March 6, 2017.
- Project Board scheduled to launch in 2018.
DANRIS-X (Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources Information System) is the internal, statewide programmatic reporting system for the UC Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) Cooperative Extension (CE) academics. There are three modules in DANRIS-X, Annual Plan, Annual Report and CASA (for CE Advisors). DANRIS-X enables CE academics to more fully document their activities and impacts and to record, in one place, information needed for several purposes -- including CE Advisor Program Reviews and Annual Evaluations as well as county, state and federal reports.
- Annual Plan captures information about the individual's plan for the coming federal fiscal year with entries for FTE allocation to ANR Issues and Knowledge Area codes; and the identification of Projects/Programs and projected activities,and related information.
- Annual Report allows the user to enter data for each Project/Program, including activities, outcomes achieved, multi state extension activity, etc.
- CASA is used by all county-based CE academics and certain non-academic staff to record data on their programmatic outreach efforts, i.e., information about their clientele contacts and "all reasonable effort" activities.
Access: DANRIS-X is accessed through the UC ANR Portal.
Help: For help, or for those who have not previously used the UC ANR Portal, please contact Bryon Noel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programmatic Reporting Codes
- ANR Core Issues and Target Opportunities (Sept 2005)
- 2 New Core Issues Definitions: Climate Change & Sustainable Energy (2011)
- Knowledge Area Classification System for DANRIS (April 2013)
2017 CE Specialist DANRIS-X Webinar Training Recordings
- Welcome and Introductions (audio improves after introductions)
- Overview of Reporting Systems and Uses starts at 5min51sec
- DANRIS-X Application starts at 17min16sec
- Project Board 2018 presentation starts at 46min27sec
Download the PowerPoint: Specialist Training_Presentation
2017 CE Advisor DANRIS-X Webinar Training Recordings
- Welcome and Introductions
- Overview of Reporting Systems and Uses starts at 6min01sec
- Introduction to Contacts and Self Assessment (CASA) starts at 20min55sec
- DANRIS-X Application starts at 40min29sec
- Project Board 2018 update begins at 1hour45min
Download the PowerPoints:
Project Board will be a new system that replaces DANRIS-X and integrates affirmative action reporting systems (CASA), Academic Human Resources (AHR) systems, and ANR profiles. The new system aims to reduce duplicative data entry efforts and improved user experience, as well as make data accessible for multiple audiences and reporting purposes. Project Board will collect information from CE academics for the following purposes:
- Advocacy Efforts: Talking points and marketing materials for ANR leaders when talking to legislators, partners, and others.
- Accountability: Including the annual report of work to federal funders.
- Academic Merit and Promotion: The information academics report about their programs is often the same information shared in annual evaluation, merit, and promotion efforts; Project Board aims to minimize duplicative data entry when possible.
The three phases of Project Board are designed to bring value to users over time.
|Phase 1 Transition Year||Phase 2 New and Integrated System||
Aesthetic refresh DANRIS-X, CASA, and AHR systems.
Expect the same workflows, a few less data fields in DANRIS-X, and a more modern look.
Project Board is a new system that integrates and replaces DANRIS-X, CASA, and AHR systems.
Expect new workflows and a more efficient user experience.
|Enhancements include integration with the
Grant Tracking System, collaborative reporting options, and online
staging area for compiling academic dossiers.
Profiles from all three systems are merged into one system.
Some reporting features are moved to ANR Profile, including clientele management, multi-state and FTE reporting.
New look and feel.
Project Team (meets twice a month and supervises development)
- Kit Alviz, Analyst, Program Planning and Evaluation
- Sheila Barry, CE Advisor and County Director
- Christopher Greer, Vice Provost, Cooperative Extension
- Christopher Hanson, Analyst, Program Planning and Evaluation
- Kim Ingram, Business Consultant, Academic Human Resources
- Tina Jordan, Director, Academic Human Resources
- Dave Krause, Director, Information Technology
- Charlie Pfeiffer, Project Manager, Information Technology
- Joni Rippee, Director, Program Planning and Evaluation
- Jag Sandhu, IT Business Analyst, Information Technology
- Katherine Webb-Martinez, Associate Director, Program Planning and Evaluation
Academic Advisory Committee (meets 4 times a year and provides input on design and development)
- Beth Grafton-Cardwell, CE Specialist and Research and Extension (REC) Director, Lindcove REC
- Darren Haver, CE Advisor, County Director, Orange County and REC Director, South Coast
- Brent Holtz, CE Advisor and County Director, San Joaquin
- Marcel Horowitz, CE Advisor, Yolo County
- Maggi Kelly, CE Specialist and Director of IGIS Statewide Program, UC Berkeley
- Anna Martin, CE Advisor, San Joaquin County
- Peggy Mauk, CE Specialist and Director of Agricultural Operations, UC Riverside
- Martin Smith, CE Specialist, UC Davis
Input sessions were conducted with the following groups. Sessions ranged from 30 minute high-level conversations to four-hour detailed conversations with mockup designs.
- Academic Assembly Council
- Affirmative Action unit
- Assistant Deans
- Communication Services
- County Directors
- Program Council
- Program Reporting Group
- Statewide Programs
- UC Berkeley College of Natural Resources
- Academic Affairs
- CE Specialists (10 attended)
- UC Davis College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- College Personnel
- CE Specialists (10 attended; 2 meetings)
- UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
- Academic Personnel
- CE Specialists (4 attended)
- UC Riverside College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Academic Personnel Services Unit
- CE Specialists (13 attended)
Question or comments about DANRIS-X or Project Board? Want to get involved in Project Board design and testing? Contact Kit Alviz at email@example.com.