UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
Monthly Mini Workshops at St. Helena Farmers' Market
Join us 9:30 AM on the second Friday of the month at the east end of the St. Helena Farmers' Market for a Mini Workshop:
- Sept 12: Kitchen Scraps for Worms
- Oct 10: Planning & Planting your Garden
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Home Composting workshop||9/6/2014|
|Worm Composting workshop||9/13/2014|
|Critters in the Garden - Yountville||9/21/2014|
Spill the Beans
Added August 15, 2014
Two varieties of long beans are being grown this summer by Field Test members of UC Master Gardeners of Napa County. Gardeners have reported that leaves on their plants have mottled, puckered,...
Added July 16, 2014
The Field Test committee of the UC Master Gardeners of Napa county will grow three varieties of kale as their winter crop. Start seed indoors, or sow directly in the ground at the end of July or...
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational programs that meet Napa County gardeners' horticultural needs using research-based information.