UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
Twenty Year Anniversary
Help Celebrate Our 20th Anniversary of serving Napa County. Watch this space for upcoming events.
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- Read how to apply for the 2016 training class.
Master Gardener Calendar
|More On Flowers||5/31/2015|
|Mobile Help Desk - Central Valley Hardware||6/5/2015|
We invite you to tour some of our gardens...
9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added May 21, 2015
I believe I owe my decision to become a University of California Master Gardener to the dahlia. When my daughter moved to San Francisco four years ago, she invited me on a tour of the San Francisco...
Added May 14, 2015
As our drought and water restrictions intensify, outdoor irrigation is going to be more and more restricted. Fruit trees take three to seven years to become established. Like other perennial plants,...
Spill the Beans Gardening Blog
Added April 25, 2015
Be more accurate when describing beautiful flowers to others. Following are a few flower form arrangements. Not pictured but familiar are Solitary (or single), having one flower per stem...
Added March 10, 2015
It's not quite spring yet, so many gardeners have started seeds indoors. We lovingly check them every morning to see how they are are and if anything new has germinated. We probably wave...