UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- Read how to apply for the 2016 training class.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Mobile Help Desk - Van Winden's Garden Center||3/28/2015|
|Mobile Help Desk - Van Winden's Garden Center||3/29/2015|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added March 26, 2015
Herein lies acautionary tale. It may fall on deaf ears, but I still feel the tale is worth telling. There have been many times that I have considered purchasing a machete. What better way to...
Spill the Beans Gardening Blog
Added March 10, 2015
It's not quite spring yet, so many gardeners have started seeds indoors. We lovingly check them every morning to see how they are are and if anything new has germinated. We probably wave...
Added February 5, 2015
Do you ever wonder if you're fertilizing your plants with the right product and if you're fertilizing at the right time? Excerpts from “A Month-By-Month Guide to Gardening in Napa...