UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
2014 in Napa County
Help our community celebrate Food Day 2014, October 17th through October 25th. The priority areas of Food Day 2014 in Napa County are food education and food access, with a special emphasis on urban farming. Throughout the week’s activities, community residents will be provided with tools and resources they can use to start community gardens, school gardens and develop their own urban farms. There are many events planned for Napa County Food Day celebrations.
Walk-in Wednesdays at Connolly Ranch
Walk-in Wednesdays, Connolly Ranch’s weekly open house, provides an opportunity for old friends to visit and new friends to discover the ranch for the first time. Every Wednesday, the ranch will be open for the public to visit.
Master Gardeners will be in the Demonstration Garden with seasonal gardening information. Join us from 2:00PM -- 4:00PM at 3141 Browns Valley Road.
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Winterizing Your Garden - Napa||11/1/2014|
|Creating Wreaths from Your Garden - Yountville||12/7/2014|
Spill the Beans
Added October 4, 2014
Grow lettuce along with the UC Master Gardeners of Napa County Field Test committee. We have chosen lettuce to plant both as spring and fall crops. Lettuce prefers cool weather and is easy to...
Added September 1, 2014
Following Napa's 6.0 earthquake of August 24, everybody has a lot to sweep up. Many houseplants were on the floor, their broken pots and soil mix scattered. My plant casualties were stuffed into...
Added August 15, 2014
Two varieties of long beans are being grown this summer by Field Test members of UC Master Gardeners of Napa County. Gardeners have reported that leaves on their plants have mottled, puckered,...