UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
UC Master Gardeners of Napa County reach out to everyone with compassion and support, we are here to help you recover.
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 UC Master Gardeners of Napa County Training Program
Information about 2019 class will be posted on this website in summer of 2018!
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Smart Fruit Tree Pruning - Napa||2/3/2018|
|Home Vineyard Part 1-Lecture & Field Trip||2/24/2018|
|Growing Groceries in Your Backyard-Napa||3/10/2018|
|Growing Groceries in Your Backyard-Yountville||3/11/2018|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added January 17, 2018
By David Layland, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County For gardeners like me, it's a dangerous time of year to walk through a nursery. It's bare-root cane berry season and there is so much...
Added January 14, 2018
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County It was roughly a year ago that I suggested writing a column on New Year's resolutions for the gardener. At the time, I felt...
Added January 12, 2018
By David Layland, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Climate change, also called global warming, has been in the news lately because of the devastating wildfires in Northern and Southern...
Added January 10, 2018
By Daniel McLoughlin, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Most Napa Valley gardeners have long embraced the idea that planting native species is the way to go. These locally evolved species tend to...
Added December 15, 2017
By Iris Craig, UC Master...