UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
Celebrating our 20th Anniversary of serving Napa County. Click here for news and events...
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- Read how to apply for the 2017 training class.
Master Gardener Calendar
|California Oaks - Napa||10/10/2015|
|Citrus - Napa||10/24/2015|
Guided Tree Walks in Napa's Fuller Park
Walks are FREE but, pre-registration is encouraged as space is limited to 20. All walks will start in Fuller Park at the corner of Oak and Jefferson.
Click below to pre-register:
CLOSED - Sorry, this session is full.
November 2, 10-11 am
NEW! November 2, 12-1 pm
Copies of Trees to Know in Napa Valley will be available for sale, $15 (tax included, cash or check only).
Spill the Beans
Added September 11, 2015
No, the giant whitefly doesn't block out the sun with huge wings. However, it is a giant by whitefly standards measuring in at 3/16 inch long. It was first discovered in southern California in the early 1990s and is now found in many areas of...
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added October 8, 2015
Fall is here, days are getting shorter, and we have already had a little rain. With so many flowering plants at their peak, we may need a reminder that the time to plant bulbs, set out annuals for...
Added September 30, 2015
There are more than 20 native species of oak trees in California. The mighty oak tree is an essential and handsome component of the Napa Valley. Nine native species plus many hybrids of these species...
Added September 24, 2015
Have you thought about planting an asparagus bed? Asparagus crowns are available in local nurseries now. If you are patient and forgo harvesting tasty green spears the first two years after...