UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
Twenty Year Anniversary
Celebrating our 20th Anniversary of serving Napa County. Click here for news and events...
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- Read how to apply for the 2016 training class.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Food Preserving - Napa||8/29/2015|
|Vegetable Vexations - Napa||9/12/2015|
We invite you to tour some of our gardens...
September 13, 2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added August 27, 2015
When we purchased our home 30 years ago it had what was touted as “RV storage”:a gravel area that extended along the entire south side of the house and down to the street. I said to my...
Added August 20, 2015
When most of us think of carrots, orange is the color that comes to mind. But these days, colorful carrots in hues that include white, red, yellow and purple are more available in seed catalogs...
Added August 13, 2015
Last year I helped put on a Napa County Master Gardener workshop on growing cool-season vegetables. I was in charge of planting kale for the participants to take home after the workshop and nervously...
Added August 6, 2015
Across Napa Valley the grape-growing season continues. In fact, some grapes have already been harvested for sparkling wine. As the main harvest nears, growers keep up the careful monitoring needed to...