UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
UC Master Gardeners of Napa County reach out to everyone with compassion and support, we are here to help you recover.
Once the fires are out there is much recovery work to be done. We are currently determining how to best use our resources and expertise to assist you and we will have more information soon. For now we have collected some links below.
Napa County Health and Human Service
resources on safe clean-up, health concerns and emotional support resources.
What to Do After a Wildfire by Lake County UCCE on erosion control
More topics and links for various resources on UCCE Napa website.
The Napa County Assistance Center is OPEN
located at Napa County Health and Human Services Building A,
Conference Center, 2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive, Napa.
Open Monday- Friday this week from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 UC Master Gardeners of Napa County Training Program
Information about 2019 class will be posted on this website in summer of 2018!
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Toxic & Carnivorous Plants & Mushroom Kits - Napa||10/28/2017|
|Arbor Day Napa- Fuller Park||11/4/2017|
|Fruit Tree Selection & Planting - Napa||11/18/2017|
|Herb Bundles from Your Garden-Bouquet Garni-Napa County Library||12/7/2017|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added September 17, 2017
By Penny Pawl, UC Master Gardener of Napa County I have been checking the Farmer's Almanac and other sources like the National Weather Service to try to predict what kind of weather we will have...
Added September 16, 2017
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County When it comes to making decisions about new plants for your garden, consider combinations of the following types: California...
Added September 15, 2017
The multiplication of plants, known as propagation, is an entertaining and rewarding part of gardening. Many people are familiar with growing and multiplying plants using seeds. This method is useful...
Added August 30, 2017
Somehow we missed this in July. We posted the article on our Facebook page. Have you visited AND LIKED us at UC Master Gardeners of Napa Valley? Please do! We missed posting this...
Added August 28, 2017
Not all stink bugs are bad and few do crop damage, but the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Halyomorpha halys) has been found in Napa, and this one is a different story. The Brown Marmorated...