UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|2018 Master Gardener Training Class - Napa||7/29/2017|
|2018 Master Gardener Training Class - Yountville||8/3/2017|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added July 8, 2017
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County The heat is on and our gardens are bursting with delightful treats. If you are like many people in the valley, you are looking at...
Added July 8, 2017
By Okhoo Hanes, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County If you are a home gardener in Napa Valley, you can successfully grow olive trees. Olives are one of the most popular trees in the valley, and...
Added June 30, 2017
In recent years, the plight of the honeybee has made international headlines due to alarming colony losses. When many folks hear the term pollinator, the honeybee quickly comes to mind. While...
Added June 28, 2017
The drought is now officially over and Yosemite National Park is in its full glory with profuse waterfalls. But we all know that California's water resources are fragile. In the garden, plants...
Added June 26, 2017
Sowbugs! Pillbugs! Rolly-pollies! UC Master Gardener, Penny Pawl, gives us facts about these creatures, which are not insects and are not necessarily garden bad guys! And as...