UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Home Vineyard - Part 1||2/7/2015|
|Propagation and Seed Starting||3/1/2015|
|Warm Season Vegetables||3/7/2015|
|Ornamentals & Flower Gardens||3/21/2015|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added January 22, 2015
Winter is the time for me to take a deep breath and finally relax. As a full-time vineyard manager, mother and Napa County Master Gardener, I welcome the break. I reflect on the past vintage and look...
Spill the Beans Gardening Blog
Added January 11, 2015
A few terms that catalogs use describing plants are valuable to know. “Vigorous” plants can mean they can become invasive in your garden and may need to be pulled from places they...
Added December 17, 2014
This is the season when all of those gorgeously illustrated plant and seed catalogs start arriving. The pictures are beautiful, but the Latin words and the cryptic codes and terms printed on a...