UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|FREE Guided Tree Walk-Fuller Park- Napa||10/2/2017|
|Pumpkins and Squash - Napa County Library||10/5/2017|
|Toxic & Carnivorous Plants & Mushroom Kits - Napa||10/28/2017|
|Fruit Tree Selection & Planting - Napa||11/18/2017|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added September 17, 2017
By Penny Pawl, UC Master Gardener of Napa County I have been checking the Farmer's Almanac and other sources like the National Weather Service to try to predict what kind of weather we will have...
Added September 16, 2017
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County When it comes to making decisions about new plants for your garden, consider combinations of the following types: California...
Added September 15, 2017
The multiplication of plants, known as propagation, is an entertaining and rewarding part of gardening. Many people are familiar with growing and multiplying plants using seeds. This method is useful...
Added August 30, 2017
Somehow we missed this in July. We posted the article on our Facebook page. Have you visited AND LIKED us at UC Master Gardeners of Napa Valley? Please do! We missed posting this...
Added August 28, 2017
Not all stink bugs are bad and few do crop damage, but the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (Halyomorpha halys) has been found in Napa, and this one is a different story. The Brown Marmorated...