UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational programs that meet Napa County gardeners' horticultural needs using research-based information.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Worm Composting workshop||3/15/2014|
|Warm Season Veggies - Napa||3/15/2014|
|Small Home Vineyard - Yountville||3/29/2014|
Spill the Beans
Added February 27, 2014
The weather has been warm and gardeners have reported the presence of aphids. These insects suck out fluids from tender plant parts. Aphids often feed in dense groups on leaves or stems. When the weather is this warm, many...
Added February 11, 2014
UC Master Gardeners of Napa County answer garden questions at our Help Desk on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. - 12 noon. Free advice is given for growing conditions in Napa County. Drop-in: UC Master Gardeners of Napa...
Added January 31, 2014
We in the Napa Valley depend on the winter rains to fuel and sustain the growth of our home gardens, vineyards and landscape. Downtown Napa has received less than 3.6" of rainfall since July 1, 2013, well below the average of 15.7"...