UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
UC Master Gardeners of Napa County reach out to everyone with compassion and support, we are here to help you recover.
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 UC Master Gardeners of Napa County Training Program
Information about 2019 class will be posted on this website in summer of 2018!
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Smart Fruit Tree Pruning - Let in the Sun-Napa||2/3/2018|
|Home Vineyard Part 1-Lecture & Field Trip||2/24/2018|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added December 15, 2017
By Iris Craig, UC Master...
Added December 15, 2017
By Cindy Watter, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County One of the attractions of my house, when I first saw it for sale some decades ago, was a fragrant, lush Meyer lemon tree, abloom in the side...
Added December 13, 2017
Chances are that by now you have one or more cuetlaxochitl somewhere in your home. You may not recognize the name, but they have recently spread across Napa. Don't call an exterminator yet,...
Added December 11, 2017
By Penny Pawl, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County I just built an African keyhole garden and I'll bet you are wondering what that is. The African keyhole garden was designed by CARE in...
Added November 4, 2017
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County. "Feed me, Seymour," is a quote that often comes to my mind when I see the most famous of carnivorous plants, the Venus flytrap....