UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
UC Master Gardeners of Napa County reach out to everyone with compassion and support, we are here to help you recover.
We have collected some links below.
Napa County Health and Human Service
resources on safe clean-up, health concerns & emotional support resources.
Erosion Control & Replanting resources:
Napa County Resource Conservation District Fire & Erosion info
Your Home Survived, now what to do with the bare hillside? It is suggested that you not reseed, it will grow back - some suggestions from las Pilitas a California native plant nursery and California Naitve Plants - low flammable or fire tolerant
The Napa County Assistance Center is OPEN
Located at Napa County Health and Human Services Building A,
Conference Canter, 2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive, Napa
Also listed below is a link to a fire recovery guide that was created by Congressman Mike Thompson. To help individuals, families, and businesses navigate the resources available to them.
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 UC Master Gardeners of Napa County Training Program
Information about 2019 class will be posted on this website in summer of 2018!
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Herb Bundles from Your Garden-Bouquet Garni-Napa County Library||12/7/2017|
|Wreath Making - Yountville||12/10/2017|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added November 4, 2017
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County. "Feed me, Seymour," is a quote that often comes to my mind when I see the most famous of carnivorous plants, the Venus flytrap....
Added November 3, 2017
In early October, I chose fall garden cleanup as the topic for this article. Proper garden sanitation practices are an important part of successfully growing anything. I'm never one to do a project...
Added October 27, 2017
Peter Jacobsen's renowned Yountville orchard had humble beginnings. “We had no qualifications except that we had no fear of dirt,” says Jacobsen, a dentist with a San Francisco...
Added October 26, 2017
(We're catching up. What with one thing and another, we are a bit behind posting to our blog. Thanks for sticking with us!) Parsley, by Denise Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa...
Added October 25, 2017
UC Master Gardener of Napa County Gayle Keane gives us some great tips for comfortable gardening..... I aim for comfort and ease while gardening. Recently I acquired some wisdom that I'd like to...