UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 UC Master Gardeners of Napa County Training Program
Information about 2019 class will be posted on this website in summer of 2018!
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|How to Grow a Bouquet - Napa County Library||6/7/2018|
|FREE Tree Walk - Napa||6/11/2018|
|FREE Tree Walk - Yountville||6/15/2018|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added May 13, 2018
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County I love California native plants. I also love to eat. Until recently I had not considered the possibility of an overlap between these...
Added May 7, 2018
Penny Pawl, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Worms are not native to North America. About 20,000 years ago, our continent experienced an Ice Age, along with Europe and Asia. The phenomenon...
Added May 6, 2018
By Cindy Watter, UC Master Gardener of Napa County About 25 years ago, my next-door neighbor brought home a half-dead tangle of a plant that she called a passionflower (Passiflora). She...
Added April 20, 2018
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa...
Added April 14, 2018
By T. Eric Nightingale, U.C Master Gardener of Napa County There is nothing quite like walking through, or relaxing near, one's own garden. Gazing upon the plants that have thrived and...
Added April 9, 2018
UC Master Gardener Denise Levine has these alluring remarks about the virtues of the tomatoes in our upcoming tomato plant sale on April 14. Red, yellow, purple or green? Huge, small, plum or...
Added March 30, 2018
By David Layland, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County It's that time of year: time to start thinking about planting this year's vegetable garden. It's still too early to actually plant seeds or...