UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
Twenty Year Anniversary
Help Celebrate Our 20th Anniversary of serving Napa County. Watch this space for upcoming events.
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
2015 Earth Day Celebration
Join the UC Master Gardeners of Napa County for the 2015 Earth Day Celebration!
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Earth Day - Building Awareness & Inspiring Change
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Visit the Master Gardeners at their information booth and take home seed planting information.
Connolly Ranch Earth Night Celebration
5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Visit the Master Gardeners at their Demonstraton Garden for a night celebration of Earth Day. Master Gardeners will be doing demonstrations and giving away seeds!
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- Read how to apply for the 2016 training class.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Mobile Help Desk - DJ's Growing Place||4/26/2015|
|Mobile Help Desk - WalMart - American Canyon||5/2/2015|
Habitat Gardens at Home or School
Saturday, May 16 9:30 - 11:30 a.m
Skyline Park Martha Walker Garden
2201 Imola Ave., Napa
$5 per person, reservations preferred, seating is limited
For registration information go to: http://ucanr.edu/2015habitatgardens
For questions call (707) 253-4221
Workshop participants will explore the Martha Walker Garden to discover plants and garden elements that attract bees, birds and pollinators to a garden.
Master Gardeners will explain the value of habitat corridors wherever the garden is, in a rural, urban or school setting. Learn how you can create a habitat corridor in your own garden.
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added April 23, 2015
When I tell people that I have grown sweet potatoes as part of my summer garden, the response is often that they didn't think you could grow them in our area. I'm happy to report that you can grow...
Spill the Beans Gardening Blog
Added April 25, 2015
Be more accurate when describing beautiful flowers to others. Following are a few flower form arrangements. Not pictured but familiar are Solitary (or single), having one flower per stem...
Added March 10, 2015
It's not quite spring yet, so many gardeners have started seeds indoors. We lovingly check them every morning to see how they are are and if anything new has germinated. We probably wave...