UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
Twenty Year Anniversary
Help Celebrate Our 20th Anniversary of serving Napa County. Watch this space for upcoming events.
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- Read how to apply for the 2016 training class.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Good Garden Resources- in Print & Tech||7/11/2015|
|Dealing with Drought & Drought Tolerant Plants||7/11/2015|
We invite you to tour some of our gardens...
September 13, 2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added July 2, 2015
Last fall while working in the garden at an ordinary task, I managed to give myself two black eyes. While I will explain shortly how that happened, it made me think about being safe in the garden. I...
Added June 26, 2015
About 15 years ago, my parents helped me create a drip system for my landscape. It was basic, easily modified and enlargeable. Perhaps there are better systems available now, but for me, the set-up...
Spill the Beans Gardening Blog
Added April 25, 2015
Be more accurate when describing beautiful flowers to others. Following are a few flower form arrangements. Not pictured but familiar are Solitary (or single), having one flower per stem...
Added March 10, 2015
It's not quite spring yet, so many gardeners have started seeds indoors. We lovingly check them every morning to see how they are are and if anything new has germinated. We probably wave...