UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Home Composting - American Canyon||4/29/2017|
|Growing Hydrangeas - Napa||5/6/2017|
Weekly Newspaper Article
PLEASE NOTE!! Our upcoming workshop on Ornamentals and Flowers is SATURDAY APRIL 22. Details on our website.Added April 17, 2017
Please take note of this correction. Our upcoming workshop on Ornamentals and Flowers is Saturday April 22. It was erroneously advertised as Sunday April 22. Further details on our website,...
Added April 16, 2017
Flowers in the spring make me happy. When my grandmother was alive, she often had cut flowers from her garden on the piano, arranged in a vase that belonged to my great-grandmother. I have wanted to...
Added April 15, 2017
Dahlias! In my opinion, there is no more striking addition to a garden than dahlias. With their vibrantly colored, large blooms and curled petals, they demand attention. I have had dahlias...
Spill the Beans
Added December 23, 2016
With our heavy rain today and I am seeing earthworms everywhere but in the ground. And just today I also got the Watershed Project newsletter today with an interesting article about earthworms. So I...