UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
Celebrating our 20th Anniversary of serving Napa County. Click here for news and events...
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
Great Gift Idea...
Trees to Know in Napa Valley
John E. Hoffman
Bill Pramuk, Technical Editor
Revised and updated, this 148-page, spiral-bound book includes four foldout maps featuring walking tours of Fuller Park and Old Town Napa, as well as a driving map of Napa's Significant trees. The book also includes an extensive chart of 220 different trees, updated articles on individual tree species by John Hoffman and new articles by Bill Pramuk.
John E. Hoffman was a local arborist and a UC Master Gardener of Napa County volunteer until his death in 2010.
Technical Editor Bill Pramuk, a consulting arborist based in the Napa Valley, is Tree Risk Assessment Qualified, a long-time columnist for the Napa Valley Register and teaches a class in arborculture at Napa Valley Adult Education.
Order form (check only)
Order form (credit card only)
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- Read how to apply for the 2017 training class.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Making Wreaths From Your Garden - Yountville||12/6/2015|
|Garden Planning - Napa - CANCELLED & RESCHEDULED FOR 1/24/16||12/12/2015|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added November 20, 2015
There is ‘Wonderful', and there is ‘Early Wonderful'. Which one you choose depends on how long you can bear to wait for the first pomegranate of the season. ‘Wonderful'...
Added November 11, 2015
About a year ago, as an experiment, I planted a young milkweed plant (Asclepias) on a slope with poor soil to see if it would thrive and attract Monarch butterflies. I missed seeing these beautiful...
Spill the Beans
Added November 22, 2015
The first known Thanksgiving in English America was celebrated on December 4, 1619, at Berkeley Hundred, a brand-new plantation about 30 miles west of Jamestown. As we now all know, immigration to the New World changed the landscape...
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.