UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
Walk-in Wednesdays at Connolly Ranch
Walk-in Wednesdays, Connolly Ranch’s weekly open house, provides an opportunity for old friends to visit and new friends to discover the ranch for the first time. Every Wednesday, the ranch will be open for the public to visit.
Master Gardeners will be in the Demonstration Garden with seasonal gardening information. Join us from 2:00PM -- 4:00PM at 3141 Browns Valley Road.
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to provide educational and outreach programs that meet Napa County residents' horticultural, pest management and sustainable landscape needs using research-based knowledge and information.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Creating Wreaths from Your Garden - Yountville||12/7/2014|
|Roses - Pruning & Maintenance||1/17/2015|
|Seed Starting for School Gardens - FREE||1/21/2015|
|Home Vineyard - Part 1||2/7/2015|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added November 26, 2014
Fall garden clean up and pruning has inspired me to make wreaths from my collected garden trimmings. You can make wreaths from all kinds of garden material, both fresh and dried. Wreaths are a creative and fun way to decorate your home using gleanings...
Added November 20, 2014
Last fall, the Napa County Master Gardener field-test group decided to grow shallots for our winter vegetable trial. All of us had used them in cooking and were enthusiastic about growing our own. Shallots have been a favored ingredient of good cooks...
Spill the Beans
Added November 5, 2014
Spend a few hours now to ensure your garden will be ready to burst into life next spring. If you're planning on planting bare root trees in January, dig holes now. Many fruit trees and plants...
Added October 4, 2014
Grow lettuce along with the UC Master Gardeners of Napa County Field Test committee. We have chosen lettuce to plant both as spring and fall crops. Lettuce prefers cool weather and is easy to...