UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Growing Herbs in Containers - Napa County Library||6/1/2017|
|Worm Composting Only - Yountville||6/3/2017|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added May 18, 2017
West of St. Helena in Napa Valley sits a lovely garden surrounding a small house with a large porch and big picture window. I had an opportunity to speak with the owner, Glenn, about how this idyllic...
Added May 16, 2017
By Penny Proteau, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County It's time to get into the garden. Whether you are planning a new garden, renewing an old garden, adding color and...
Added April 30, 2017
If you are looking for attractive and low-maintenance additions to your garden, look no further than California native plants. Most of California falls within a zone known as the California...
Spill the Beans
Added December 23, 2016
With our heavy rain today and I am seeing earthworms everywhere but in the ground. And just today I also got the Watershed Project newsletter today with an interesting article about earthworms. So I...