CE Specialist Emerita Youth and Family DevelopmentHuman & Community Development
One Shields Avenue
1309 Hart Hall
Davis, CA 95616-8523
Dean's Office CA&ES (UCD)
SpecialtyCareer and College Choice; Transition to Adulthood;Family Studies; Evaluating Human Resources Programs
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Human Nutrition, Food Safety, and Human Health and Well-Being
- Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Nutrition and Hunger in the Population
- Families, Youth, and Communities
- Sociological and Technological Change Affecting Individuals, Families, and Communities
- Youth Development
- Yancey, A. K. (2008). "Career decsionmaking: Perspectives of low-income youth." Spaces for Difference 1(1): 21-41.
- Cooksy, L. J. (2008). Evaluating multilevel programs. New Directions for Evaluation: Program evaluation in a complex organization-Lessons from Cooperative Extension.M. M. T. Braverman. San Francisco, Wiley Interscience/Jossey Bass. 120: 27-39.
- Madsen, E. (2007). "Contextual influences on the carer development of low-income African American youth: Considering an ecological approach." Journal of Career Development 33(4): 395-411.
- King, N. (2007). "Exit strategies: Cultural implications for graduation tests." Principal Leadership 7(3): 42-47.
- Willmarth, K (2006). "Learning from Latino community efforts." Journal of Extension 44(3): 2-16.
- King, N. (2004). "Book Review: Eduucational Equity and Accountability: Paradigms, Policies and Politics. by Linda Skrla and James J. Scheurich. New York: Rotledge/Falmer 2004, 291pp." Teacher's College Record 106(12): 2335-2338.
- Turner, B. (2004). "Increasing African American participation in nutrition education programs." Journal of Extension 42(3): 4-8.
- Mai, T.T. (2004). Woodland Hgh School's CSLC Peer Tutoring Program: What Does Tutoring Provide Tutees?. UC Davis School and University Partnerships. Davis, CA. 48. March, 2004.
- King, N. (2003). "Low income consumers are concerned and want labels on genetically modified foods." California Agriculture 57(3): 81-85.
- Weisskirch, R. S. (2002). "Career awareness and part-time work examined in lives of high school seniors." California Agriculture 56(5): 55-60.