1111 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Monica Zuercher is an Assistant Project Scientist at the Nutrition Policy Institute. She has experience in teaching, health research, data analysis, project management, scientific communication, and program evaluation. Her research interest includes nutrition, disease prevention, health disparities, and nutritional programs/policies.
- SPOT Award
Presented by UC ANR, 2023
SpecialtyNutrition, epidemiology and statistics
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Program and Project Design, and Statistics
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Nutrition and Hunger in the Population
- Obesity Prevention
- Community Food Security
- Healthy Families and Communities
- Zuercher, M. D.; Harvey, D. J.; Santiago-Torres, M.; Au, L. E.; Shivappa, N.; Shadyab, A. H.; Allison, M.; Snetselaar, L.; Liu, B.; Robbins, J. A.; Hebert, J. R.; Garcia, L. (2023). "Dietary inflammatory index and cardiovascular disease risk in Hispanic women from the Women's Health Initiative." Nutr J 22(1): 5.
- Zuercher, M. D.; Harvey, D. J.; Au, L. E.; Shadyab, A. H.; Santiago-Torres, M.; Liu, S.; Shivappa, N.; Hebert, J. R.; Robbins, J. A.; Garcia, L. (2023). "Energy-Adjusted Dietary Inflammatory Index and Diabetes Risk in Postmenopausal Hispanic Women." J Acad Nutr Diet
- Zuercher, Monica D.; Harvey, Danielle J.; Au, Lauren E.; Shadyab, Aladdin H.; Nassir, Rami; Robbins, John A.; Seldin, Michael F.; Garcia, Lorena (2022). "Genetic admixture and cardiovascular disease risk in postmenopausal Hispanic women." International Journal of Cardiology 367: 99-104 , pmid = 35961613 , publisher = Elsevier Ireland Ltd.
- Cohen, Juliana F. W.; Polacsek, Michele; Hecht, Christina E.; Hecht, Ken; Read, Margaret; Olarte, Deborah A.; Patel, Anisha I.; Schwartz, Marlene B.; Turner, Lindsey; Zuercher, Monica; Gosliner, Wendi; Ritchie., Lorrene D. (2022). Implementation of Universal School Meals during COVID-19 and beyond: Challenges and Benefits for School Meals Programs in Maine. nutrients. 14, 4031.
- Zuercher, Monica D.; Cohen, Juliana F. W.; Hecht, Christina E.; Hecht, Kenneth; Ritchie, Lorrene D.; Gosliner, Wendi (2022). Providing School Meals to All Students Free of Charge during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond: Challenges and Benefits Reported by School Foodservice Professionals in California. nutrients. 14, 3855.
- J, Cohen; W, Gosliner; C, Hecht; K, Hecht; M, Schwartz; M, Zuercher; L, Ritchie (2023). Research Brief: Impact of Massachusetts’ Healthy School Meals for All Policy on Families. ChildNourishLab.org. June. https://www.childnourishlab.org/_files/ugd/383bcd_45ee5fed8e224ffd8639f0f498086e31.pdf
- C, Hecht; K, Hecht; M, Zuercher; L, Ritchie; W, Gosliner (2023). Research Brief: School Meals for All in California: Parents Value School Meals for All and Offer Suggestions to Strengthen Meal Programs.D. University of California. 9 May. https://ucanr.edu/sites/NewNutritionPolicyInstitute/files/384115.pdf
- C, Hecht; K, Bacon; L, Chapman; C, Chelius; D, Olarte; D, Orta-Aleman; M, Zuercher; K, Hecht; L, Ritchie; JFW, Cohen; W, Gosliner (2023). Research Brief: School Meals for All in California: Time to Eat Can Be a Barrier to Full Participation.D. University of California. 19 April. https://ucanr.edu/sites/NewNutritionPolicyInstitute/files/383408.pdf
- D, Orta-Aleman; C, Chelius; K, Bacon; C, Hecht; K, Hecht; M, Zuercher; L, Ritchie; W, Gosliner (2023). Research Brief: School Meals for All: Farm Fresh Food.D. University of California. 20 June. https://ucanr.edu/sites/NewNutritionPolicyInstitute/files/385523.pdf
- Nutrition Policy Institute, University of California; Arizona State University, College of Health Solutions; University of Connecticut, Rudd Center; College, Merrimack; Boise State University, College of Education (2023). Research Synopsis: The Many Benefits of School Meals for All. 29 August. https://ucanr.edu/sites/NewNutritionPolicyInstitute/files/387858.pdf
- Hecht, C; Zuercher, M; Hecht, K; Gosliner, W; Ritchie, L (2022). Research Brief: School Meals for All in California: Benefits and Challenges During COVID and Beyond as Reported by School Food Services.D. University of California. 23 August. https://ucanr.edu/sites/NewNutritionPolicyInstitute/files/371654.pdf