- Author: Anne Schellman
Fall Vegetable Gardening?
Even though your tomatoes are probably still going strong, now is the time to start planning for your fall vegetable garden! This month we have added the Patterson Library to our schedule. They specifically requested Water Thrifty Gardening, so next month we will offer Fall Vegetable Gardening at their location.
August Library Branch Schedule
- Monday, August 8, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. - Fall Vegetable Gardening - Ceres
- Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. - Fall Vegetable Gardening - Salida
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. - Drip Irrigation/Water Thrifty Gardening – Patterson
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. - Fall Vegetable Gardening - Riverbank
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. - Fall Vegetable Gardening – Oakdale
- Monday, August 22, 2022 at 6:15 p.m. - Fall Vegetable Gardening – Modesto
- Wednesday, August 24, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. - Fall Vegetable Gardening - Turlock
Fall Vegetable Gardening: Did you know you can grow vegetable plants in fall? Grow your own salad by planting leafy vegetables like lettuce, spinach, and Swiss Chard,and root vegetables like carrots, beets and radishes. These plants can be grown in the ground or in containers. Great class for beginning gardeners.
Water Thrifty Landscaping (now called Drip Irrigation): Want to make your garden more water wise? This class will teach you how to use less water, and includes detailed tips on how to install a drip irrigation system. It also includes recommendations on low-water use plants you can plant this fall once the temperature is cooler.
Ejoying our classes? Have a comment or request? Post a message below. We want to hear from you.
Contact your local library branch to find out more or if your library isn't offering our classes yet, tell them to contact us!/h3>/h3>/h3>
- Author: Anne Schellman
June Library Branch Schedule
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. Pests in Your Vegetable Garden - Riverbank
- Monday, June 13, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. Vermicomposting - Ceres
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. Pests in Your Garden – Salida
- Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. Pests in Your Garden – Oakdale
- Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. Growing Citrus– Turlock
- Monday, June 27, 2022 at 6:15 p.m. Culinary Herbs - Modesto
Growing Citrus: Citrus is the most popular tree crop grown in California. Learn the best time to plant, planting tips, myths about pruning, pest management, and how to care for your tree.
Pest Management in Vegetable Gardens: Wondering what chewed your plant or if your vegetable plant has a disease? Take this class to get better at identifying pests as well as beneficial insects, and learn about less toxic ways to manage pests.
Vermicomposting: Did you know red wiggler worms can help eat kitchen waste and create compost? See a "worm hotel" and learn more about these fascinating critters. Take home a list of instructions on how to create your own. Fun for the whole family!
Contact your local library branch to find out more. Missed a class you wanted to take? Look for it at another library branch in the future./h3>/h3>