- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
The Pew Research Center found that Facebook remains by far the most popular social media site among adults, according to a survey it conducted in September 2014. However online adults have been increasing their use of other social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Other key findings include:
- Multi-platform use is on the rise: 52% of online adults now use two or more social media sites, a significant increase from 2013, when it stood at 42% of internet users.
- For the first time, more than half of all online adults 65 and older (56%) use Facebook. This represents 31% of all seniors.
- For the first time, roughly half of internet-using young adults ages 18-29 (53%) use Instagram. And half 0f all Instagram users (49%) use the site daily.
- For the first time, the share of internet users with college educations using LinkedIn reached 50%.
- Women dominate Pinterest: 42% of online women now use the platform, compared with 13% of online men.
Read the Pew report at http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/01/09/social-media-update-2014.